Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro Clutch linkage Q - pivot rod weld/bush

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Feb 26, 2006.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

The rod that connects the clutch MC to the pedal is worn at the pedal side (small 1/2" pivot pin). Both the rod and the pivot are significantly worn. There appears to be no bushing present or in the design.

I'm thinking of just welding some material to the rod and pivot and grinding to fit.

Thoughts?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I'm with you that there is no bushing there, just the stud, the hole in the rod, and the clip that holds the rod on the stud.

Never seen/heard of one worn like you describe, sounds like a fluke.

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got around to welding up some material on the clutch MC rod to compensate for the wear. It worked like a charm.

Now one of these days I'll get around to the R&R/weld on the pedal pivot. I'm glad I picked up a welder after all... :)

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Any pic's? It's looking like I'll have to fab that rod up for my set-up as it's the only piece i don't have...:doah: :doah:

Rene

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Bronze bushings work well too but it depends on how deep the wear groove is.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

bushed..

I had a brake pedal that was sloppy on its pivot,on one truck I had..it had a thin plastic bushing that was spiral shaped,it was trashed..I found that a peice of 1/2"copper tubing fit good on the pin,and all I had to do was taper the tubing a bit on a grinding wheel,and I was able to tap it right in the pivot bracket with a hammer,using a 1/2" bolt as a driver..I thought of putting a grease fitting in it,but decided it was not worth it..I just greased it good before re-assembly..no more floppy,sqquueeaky brake pedal!..:D