Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro clutch pics and schematics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jun 27, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I was in a local magazine shop and they had chilton books and stuff... even service manuals... however when I looked in under chevy I saw the Z setup clutch but didnt see the hydraulic setup. Does anyone have schematics that they can post so I can see what I have...

also think I found my clutch problem.. seems the pedal is binding under the dash.. maybe bad bushings or something...

so when I get this 85 blazer and take all the hydro clutch stuff.. I just want to see what I have to take and get it all before sending the jimmy to the scrapyard.....when im done (dont even have it at my house yet)

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I dont have any pics but it should be easy enough to explain. the master cylinder sits on the firewall, connects to the pedal. the resivoir mounts above this, connected by a short piece of hose. then from the master cylider the pressure hose connects to the slave cylider which is mounted to the bellhousing. The hardest part about getting these parts off is going to be the bellhousing. make sure to also get the clutch fork (the one for hydraulic clutch is differant then mech) and throwout bearing (should just get a new one) If your swapping from an auto take measure ment as to where the master cylider mounts, this will make it easy when you go to cut your hole though the firewall. Hope that helps

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

4. RootBreaker

yer da bomb....
    this is all i found while looking..
    [​IMG]

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

That's all there is, it's a simple set up.

6. RootBreaker

never knew it was that easy... should have all the parts out of the parts truck in 1 day.... then off to the junkyard she goes.....