Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro clutch problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by odee1, Mar 17, 2004.

1. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

I'm working on putting a nv4500 into my 80 model dually that I tow my dragcar and jeep with. I have factory bellhousing,slave,m/c combination on it for a 92 model. I mounted the m/c to the firewall where I measured off of a 85 that had factory hydro setup. My pedal is really hard to push. Could I still have air in the system or do I have the m/c mounted wrong and not getting enough leverage out of the pedal?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What pedal are you using?

3. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

I used my stock linkage type pedal. I have a hydro pedal setup to use if I have to just got to get m/c that fits with it. Could I have the m/c mounted to low on the fire wall? With that I guess I don't have enough leverage?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I used my stock linkage type pedal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your problem right there. Rod is probably mounted too high, or it's at an angle where it is binding.

5. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

thanks man I'm fixing to go out into the shop right now and swap in a set of factory hyrdo pedals and matching m/c and see what happens

6. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

put the hydro pedals in last night and finally got the clutch bleed out. It works like it should now, I had the m/c in the right place the pushrod on the pedal was mounted to low.