Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rumbly truck, Jul 4, 2005.

1. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

any tricks to bleeding one of these things? A 1985 gmc k-3500, with new slave cylinder, hose, and clutch master bleed the crap out of it . bleeder up and even tried a mity vac on it . it still grinds the gearshttp://coloradok5.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1254495#
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1254495#

2. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Clutch bleed

If you have an external slave cylinder, alot of times they have a bleeder on it, and you bleed it just like a brake caliper, so you'll need a helper.

3. rumbly truck

done that to no avail

4. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Ok

Are these new parts you installed? You may have some worn parts if not. :thinking:

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you can't bleed it exactly like a brake system, but close to it. instead of breaking the bleeder every time, let them pump it up a few times till you get some good movement on it then open the bleeder screw. other words you don't get much fluid and even less air.

i also open the bleeder with pressure on it, as oposed to letting them push on an open system. also i have never been able to get it perfect while bleeding, but dam close. once i get close i drive a bit and after going threw the gears once or twice, its perfect.

ive done this quite a few times, and no problems.

6. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

you have to take the slave off and hold it at a 45degree angle with the bleeder at the farthest point to the top and then open it to get all the air out

7. TXFSHRMAN

TXFSHRMAN Registered Member

Bleed

This Is What I Did To Mine Its Just Like Big Bad Chevy Where You Remove The Slave Cylinder And I Put It On The Frame Near It And Opened It Up And Then I Took Off The Cap To The Resivor And Gravity Bled It For About 5 Five Min. Put It Back And Work Like A Charm....(after 8 Hrs Of Messing With It) But Hey You Gotta Learn Somehow

8. rumbly truck

Thanks for the help.I done all of the above, before all of this several times over the last week. Last night i took the slave cylinder off, and sucked about a pint of fluid through it. Took it for a test run , and it still wouldnt release the clutch enough to shift it into gear.got into it today and it shifts great now. By the way this is with all new parts. thanks once again