Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro cluth question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Oct 6, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

What years, if any was a hydralic cluth setup used on the 4 spd? I am debating doing a swap into my suburban and would prefer to stay away from manual linkages, I never have luck with them.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The hydraulic clutch system came out in 1986 and was used on the 86-88 Trucks, 86-91 Blazer and Suburbans equipped with the 465 4 speed tranny. I hope this helps.

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!

3. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

mpascino,

i did the hydro thing with most new parts from chev including bellhousing.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/13180252EPlFnPcEPJ>http://community.webshots.com/album/13180252EPlFnPcEPJ</a>
    the images with pn#s is in that album. if the images arent clear enough or the site is acting up i can email or file transfer them to you.

did your parts arrive yet?

4. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Thanks!

You call that dirty!?

5. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Thanks, Do you remember about how much the parts ran ya from the dealer, It's pretty easy and cheap enough to get the transmisson and t-case but I have not had luck finding hydro bellhouseing and such.
    Thanks again ,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

6. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

i gave this info to someone on here and they found the parts new online for 1/3 what i paid.
    i am in canada and paid 'walk in the door' price at a rural chev dealer over $300cdn for the bellhousing alone. all of these are junk yard items for sure. 85-87 pickup w sm465. the trans and tcase are no different i am using my original 77s.
    i have an 87 2wdr auto cab so it was a simple drill at the indents job for me, then weld up the hidious holes we cut in the floor for the mech linkage