Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-Foam

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Don't know if ya'll have seen this...Its pretty cool I cant wait till these go on sale.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh, yea! Gotta get one of those. I'd seen a photo but WOW, didn't relize how kool they really were!!! :saweet:

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn where can i get one?

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Prolly in the toy aisle near the batman action figures :whistle: ;)

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hydro-Foam: Flying R/C Boat

[​IMG] filed under Gadgets : Vehicles

[​IMG]Although the inventor seems a little stressed out (“Please do not email me”) he’s made a pretty fantastic thing, so we’re going to cut him some slack. The ‘Hydro-Foam’ R/C vehicles are currently prototypes, powered by a brushless motor and lithium-polymer batteries. What makes them so special is their ability to travel not only on the water, but through the air, and on the ground at serious speeds. And this isn’t a ‘park it and swap some parts thing.’ The videos show the Hydro-Foams moving from water to air to ground and back again with just a flick of the flaps.

They definitely look easy to destroy—creator Michael Connally’s website makes it clear that this is “not a beginner airplane”—but they will be available for purchase sometime in the future (sooner if you’d just leave Connally in peace). (Thanks, Spinelli!)

Here is the website!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A friend of mine has hosted the hires Hydro-Foam video here.
    The Hydro-Foam is a remote control electric airplane powered by a brushless motor and lithium-polymer batteries. It's not a beginner airplane.

We are working on getting the Hydro-Foam kits ready for production, but there is no pre-order list. They should be available world wide in the near future. We are not planning on making plans available at this time... sorry. I don't have a price yet or a hard time frame, but we are working as fast as we can. The Miss Fanfold plans may be available at a later date, but I am much too busy at this time to even think about it. Please check back here often for details on availability. I am receiving upwards of 250 emails per day. I do not need distributors, kit manufacturers, or website help at this time. Please do not email me. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I can't get this to market and spend four hours a day on emails.

Thanks,

Mike