Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro is on the way...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 30, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

oh hell yeah!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif according to my good buddy Matt over at WTO, my new hydro steering set up is on its way, complete with his brand new made-just-for-hard-core-4x4'in hydro rams. weeeee!!! AGR with its over-rated over-spendy set up can go pound sand! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif can't wait to do the swap. you ready shane? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Keep me informed. I need to make a change like that real soon. Let us now about the instlation and performance.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You need to stop robbing those 7-11's, where you getting all this cash???? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. jekbrown

updates: yeppers, install pics will go on my webshots... and after BB02 I will post my opinions here... after some good hard-core real world testing. :-)

money: i got a lump sum payment from my GI Bill that they owed me, back pay... plus I got a TA job at school... plus I sold my old axles and some various other parts off my rig... plus I sold some of my video game stuff.. of which I have MUCH. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'm ready when you are. We're gonna have to bust some serious @SS to get it done on time. Actually, you may spend quite a bit wrenching time by yourself /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . I just got my travel schedule for the next couple of weeks. I will gone for most of them, and we leave for vacation on the 16th. I hope we can bang it out quick, cause with the time frame we're talking about and the amount of mods you want to do.....might get a lil' CRAZY! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

The good news it that there is plenty o'room in the grudge now. You'll be able to pull your rig in and work on it with the door closed. I sold my hot tub last night! Also, my top will be going back on my blazer soon, so it'll be pretty much empty in there again. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh, yeah, on last thought, you'll have to dispose of the left over parts (old wheels/tires rod and stuff). There is only so much they'll take in the recycling..I tried! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. jekbrown

shane: np on the removal of old parts, I'll take care of it.

As far as time goes, if the steering stuff gets here this week... and JF finishes the D60, I should be ready to do the axle swap whenever u can. this weekend? at the least, we could install the D60... i'm not running a front driveshaft right now anyway... so its not like there are any worries there. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif rear end... need to get it from brians60s... hope to do that this friday. What sucks is that I'll have to swap my old tires to my new rims... have them balanced and all that poop. extra $$$, grrrr. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, as long as the axle and steering stuff is ready to go, I say we tackle it Saturday morning. That should be a bolt in swap. The new steering stuff may take a little while though since I have never done a hydro-assist set up before. Hey, there's always a first time for everything! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Well, MOST everything anyway. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I know a place here in town that will swap your tires and wheels and balance them pretty cheap. Help ya save some $$ /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. jekbrown

got the hydro stuff today. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif now all we need is the D60 back from jamie and we can get on the front end. If I picked up the ff14b on friday, I could start on it to. AFA me doing most of the wrench turning... yea man, I plan on it! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Need help mainly with welding stuff. perches/shock mounts on the ff14... and the hydro ram mount to the rock rod. stuff like that. Anyway, yeah, saturday AM sounds good to me! I'll be in touch. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J