Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro master/pedals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Mar 6, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's become obvious to me that using the mech pedals aren't going to work with my hydro setup. (not really a shock)

The question is, can I use the same bracket that holds the pedals, or do I need that from the hydro too? I'd prefer not to drop the column and go through all that bs if I can just change the pedal out.

So, is that bracket different?

Can anyone hook me up with some decent pics of these support rods that I'm going to need? I'm probably going to have to make them or something, as I don't have any right now.

Where do they bolt?

This was covered about two years ago but without the search function that we used to have and the fact that I didn't pay much attention then, this project is looking to be more of a pain in the ass than I'd thought.

Oh well, it should be worth it.

2. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

no the bracket will not work, i tried to make mine work and it didn't, you have to have the bracket from the Hydro. so have fun dropping the steering column

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey tim Before you go making any kind of rods you need to have the RIGHT placement of the MC and go from there because they mount to the MC on the firewall and it all needs to be in the perfect alignment or the MC will leak very fast...

Here is my MC mounted using a template that I took from the truck I got my hydro stuff from...

[​IMG]

If you want to pm your addy I will trace a template out on constuction paper and mail it to you..It mounts right off the fuse block that way you get the MC in the right spot..

AND you will need a set of hydro pedals to insure the right angle of the rod that goes to the MC to make sure there is no leaky MC..I know someone here made there non hydro pedals work using washers or a type of spacer BUT IMO just use the factory stuff.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well I took my body lift off today so no more mech clutch for me, I guess I'm going to have to dive face first into this project and get it done, hopefully it can be finished in a weekend.

What is different between the bracket that holds the hydro pedal and the one that holds the mech pedal? I will be getting a pedal but I don't know about a bracket. Is there any difference with how the hydro pedal hangs, or am I good as long as I have the correct pedal?