Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro pedal rods

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoSmog73, Jan 22, 2004.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Since the search is down...Anyone have a good pic of the rods where they mount on the firewall from the inside..Thanks Mike

The one that you can see is the shorter rod..Sorry

I have this one I think in the right spot...But the other one is pissing me off...( I have the shorter rod in but the longer one is giving me placement problems... [​IMG]

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

whatr i did was press out the studs, then loosen the top bolts and see where they sit naturaly. i drilled the holes and then put the studs back in and tightened everything up.
    everything went together fine that way and i only had to oblong one hole by 8th inch or so. its in my 74 so the firewll was not set up for it.
    grant

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Thanks grant...BTW those doors are close to going on...lol
    Anyway I went to PNP and thankfully the same truck was there so I traced a template and now have one for future...lol
    Got home lined it up and drilled it and slapped it in hooked it up...now that hurdle is over...lol
    [​IMG]

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ya knwo what.. i think i also had a template.... but i used the torch to cut it off the truck i got everything else from....
    i forgot about that...
    no, i didnt use it as a template.. i used it as a backing plate to strengthen up the fire wall.
    Grant