Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro Sm465

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84CUCV, May 11, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Come to think of it can i use my steel housing? I know there is a newer one, but i think its weaker. Tell me if i am wrong.

mike

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about an aftermarket scatter shield bell housing or a GM cast iron housing ?
    If you are talking about the GM 1972 and older cast iron bell than you can not use the 1985 and up slave . Check out Advance Adapters for a bracket that will let you use a Land Cruiser slave on your GM bell housing.
    There is a later model "P" series Van cast iron bell housing that has a provision for a bolt on slave cylinder if you can locate one and use all GM parts .
    HTH , Tom

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Hydraulic bellhousings (at least for our trucks) are all aluminum.

Used on everything from 6 cylinders to 454's, short of the problems one or two people have expressed on here, the aluminum ones don't seem to be inherently weak.

I believe Novak or advanced adapters sells an adapter bracket, if you were set on cast iron bellhousing (that's the other stock material AFAIK) adapter is your only bet I imagine.

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

So cant i just weld on a tab or something for this to mount?

mike