Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-steer ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudddog91, Mar 15, 2002.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

OK I pieced together my own hydro-steer and Ive got a major problem.I lost all hydro assist and I think its the gear box.I changed the pump and when I turn right the box and the ram turn right but when i turn left the box turns left and the ram tries to turn right?What gives over here?Cant drive like that!!!!!!!
    I drilled and tapped the gear box on the side like AGR................Im wondering if maybe i blew 1 of the seals inside the gear box........ANy idea's?

2. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

i told our friend the wabble wagon that i think you did what i did on that first one i did for mine. i think you're getting bleed by at the fittings on the box. he said you drilled 5/16 holes thru the box and i only put a 3/16 hole in mine so i really think that's what you are getting is bleed by. give me a call....later dude.

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I love the wabble wagon,dude!No seriously thats what I thought to but had to ask..................................Ya got a good steering box laying around?Id like to use your favorite box though..........................................Ill call ya later!