Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydroboost and assist

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jagermiester, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jagermiester

jagermiester 1/2 ton status

Has any one done the hydraulic assist pump mods to a hydroboost pump. It is fine to do right? Every post I have read the pics have been a non hydroboost pump. It says they work at a higher pressure so maybe the mods arent neccessary.

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes you can do it, we did both hydro boost and assist on The Generals rig a few years ago, the internals of the pumps are the same, hydro boost just has more hoses

3. jagermiester

jagermiester 1/2 ton status

That is what I thought just wanted to check. will be modding the new hydroboost pump for hydro assist tonight and putting the truck back together with its new hydroboost. Hopefully will be doing hydroassist in about 2 months.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

this was justcovered in hear somewhere. thay said the hydro boost dont like beefed up pressure. need to run 2 pumps for best performance. 1 for steering 1 for brakes.

5. muddyfox

muddyfox Newbie

no need to run two pumps, the hydroboost can be ported out to be able run with hydro assist. a good place to go with your questions on this is Vanco Power Brake Supply, # 800-256-6295. a new hydroboost ready to run with ram assist for my 77chev 1 ton is $280. thats not bad compared to trying to mount and plump a second pump.:wink1: