Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydroboost and Rock ram

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeffHK5, Sep 14, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I would like to run both an AGR Rock Ram and hydroboost brakes, will there be any problems? I have an AGR box set up for hyd. assist and I'm trying to come up with hydroboost parts as we speak.

I'm seeing some kind of double pump setup :eek1:

Jeff

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. muddyfox

muddyfox Newbie

I don't if you have an answer yet but I am looking into the same thing. I have been told to have my hydroboost ported. I have taked to two companies about it, one is Lee MFG and the other is Vanco Power Brake Supply. Lee MFG said the biggest problem has to do with backpressure in the lines. This might help you out, or if you any thing else that worked let me know.:D

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i will be running hydroboost and full hydraulic steering. i will be doing it with two hyd pumps. the surging and pressure issues that have been discussed on her in the past led me to this descission. as well as since i am going full hydro steering the amount of fluid needed is much larger. runing each system on its own pump just makes sense to me.

i do not have any pictures of bracket setup as i have yet to get that far.
    Grant

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Correct me if I am wrong but arent the problems with surging and Hydro-Boost associated with full hydraulic steering and not the ram assist that so many of us CK5ers are running? There are a lot of guys on here with ram assist some of them have to be running hydro-boost also. I am in the process of installing hydro-boost and intend to install a ram also and would not like to run 2 pumps as I already have a full engine front as it is. If I hijacked I am sorry I stand by waiting to be treated as any international hijacker:D .

Ira

6. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I'm still looking for someone running ram assist and hydroboost to chime in. When it gets time for steering on my rig I guess I will start pushing my search a little harder. I run a efi 454 in my blazer with on board air so there's enough going on under the hood already not to mention adding a second power steering pump :crazy: . I would be interested in knowing what needs to be ported to "fix" the surging problem, if it exists.

I definitely don't call joining in a conversation a hijack, now if you tried to sell one of us a moon visor or some plastic nutz to hang our trailer hitch that would be a different story.......:laugh: .........

All input welcome.....errrrrr....aaaa

Jeff

7. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

i ran hydroboost and ram assist. no problems, no quirks

8. 425 Xpedition

425 Xpedition 1/2 ton status

Been running the AGR Rock Ram setup with hydroboost for over four years and have not had any problems. When I originally purchased the kit I was told the higher pressure of the pump would actually help the hydroboost setup work better.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  9. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks much 425, you are the barer of good news!

Thanks, Jeff

Is that your 3500 SRW 4X4 ? If so that is very sweet!

10. 425 Xpedition

425 Xpedition 1/2 ton status

Yes that is my little baby.