Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydroboost Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dan76k30, Mar 19, 2004.

1. dan76k30

dan76k30 Registered Member

I know this has been hashed a few times, but I never found the answer. What master cylinder is recommended for a hydroboost setup w/ rear disks.
    I picked up one for a hydro and the hole on the piston is about 1" deep, but the rod on the hydro is flush to the edge. Wrong rod or what?
    So then I got a mastercyl. for a non-hydro K30 where it just has a dimple on the piston and should work with the (short?) rod on the hydro. I would like the larger resevoir of the one for hydro, but would like opinions... Thanks

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Talk to Randy (R72k5)He would know........

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you would be fine with disc drum one, you wont find a disc disc hydroboost m/c anyways and reven the disc drum oens are $$$$$$$$$$$4
    you would want ot get a 4 wheel disc combo valve though

i just threw out a bendix hydro m/c a big one, damn

4. dan76k30

dan76k30 Registered Member

So do you think I should just go with the non-hydro master cylinder, and modify the proportioning valve? I can't remember the type of MC, it's not a Bendix. It has the round reservoirs, I was told it is for an 80 K30.
    Also, I noticed the fitting are the reverse of my old brake lines? Did they switch front/rear ports? Do most of you make up new brake lines from MC to Proportioning valve?