Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydroboost or Hydrohassle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by airemdwn, Oct 12, 2006.

1. airemdwn

airemdwn 1/2 ton status

Would it be worthwhile for me to swap a hydroboost system into my 74 Blazer?

I am running a Dana 60/ 14 bolt with discs and 42" swampers. I dont have any stopping issues now and i spent alot of time getting the proportioning/ bias correct for my truck.

I literally fell into a complete hydroboost setup off an 80 crew cab inculding the proportioning valve and some of the brake lines. To complicate things i am also presently running crossover steering with a redneck ram with a high flow AGR pump. Will Hydroboost work with my Ram Assit? How should it be plumbed? How Much more line pressure does Hydroboost actually deliver? If i decide not to install it should i ebay it?

Thanks for any help.

2. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

" I dont have any stopping issues now and i spent alot of time getting the proportioning/ bias correct for my truck.
    "
    So why even bother?:confused: I mean if you were having trouble stopping, or needed to replace some major brake componets, then I would say upgrade. But dont fix it if it aint broke.
    You get more wheeling time that way.:D

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

get it anyway...

You may not need the hydroboost--but if you can grab it off the other truck for cheap or free,I would!..you can always sell it, or use it later on...I passed up many "freebies" on trucks going to the crusher, and regret it now..one had a 14 bolt FF that would have fit my 82 K20--it only has a 14SF in it now--I didn't feel like pulling both covers off and checking the ratios,and it went to the boneyard already!..same deal on many other parts I could have got free or cheap..:doah:

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

In my opinion having Hydroboost is like night and day.

My system is supposed to be at 2300psi. I was also told it can be run with hydro assist. Plumbing depends on the truck, there are differences in the return lines that make a major difference.

Keep it and install it.