Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydroboost prices and axel gripes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Nov 26, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I found a complete ( pump, lines, p valve, and master)hydroboost system for 75.00 out of a c6500 ( 2 ton ) chevy. i have to pull it. is this a good price?

Also i cant find an 8 lug front axel for anything. i did find some small pattern 10 lugs that fit 20 inch tires if anyone wants them. He has some 1 ton and some 2 ton. the guy said he'd let me have em cheap just so he could see them mounted under a blazer. im assuming you cant buy the 8 lug swap for my d44 at the parts store.

thanks
    69K5
    nathan

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

you can use 8 lug stuff off of any 10bolt or dana 44.you have to take everything though.backing plate,spindles,rotors,hubs and you should be able to use the locking mechanism that you already have.how cheap does he want to sell the 10 lug stuff for?

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i cant find d44, d60, or corporates. i know there is one in arkensas D44 for 350.00 but its a 4 hour trip.
    i will ask him how much he wants for the 10 lug stuff when i go back.

thanks

nathan

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i think he has to have the knuckles as well, because i think he's running drums up front. i offered to give him my 6 lug outers, knuckles and all, but it's been so long he's probably formed a bad opinion of me and moved on. by the way 69K5, i can pull this stuff now and send it to you if you still want it.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

bigoarnge

You said to wait until you got your 8 lug stuff under. so I was waiting. If figured your as busy as i am and that you hadnt gotten to it yet. As you can see I am upgrading mine to 3/4 ton so i am looking for an axel instead of swapping gears. If i cant find one i will let you know. i should klnow something by christmas. i am getting tyhe 14 bolt for my birthday next week. i hope to be getting an 8 lug for christmas. they are just really hard to come buy around here. if you get a buyer before then go ahead and take it.

thanks

nathan