Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydroboost question

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by K588, Mar 13, 2006.

1. K588

K588 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 99 Suburban 2500 with the hydroboost brake system. I replaced the hydroboost booster about 5 months ago when i was putting new brakes on the truck because it was leaking. One of the hydroboost lines or the power steering pump is also slowly leaking which I have not gotten a chance to replace. The problem is when driving the truck today,after refilling the fluid which was low, when you turned the steering wheel it would apply the brakes. Any ideas, did air get in the system from the low fluid? Thanks in advance. This is my first truck with this system.

2. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

That's wierd one. Are you sure you got the pressure lines hooked up to the correct ports at the hydroboost? That's about the only installation boo boo I could think of and I'm not even sure if it would cause that sort of side effect. I don't think air in the system would cause that, it never has with any of my set ups.

Good Luck,

Eric M.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

That is prety strange. You would have to try prety hard to put the hoses on wrong, even with the bends they have in the hard line ends they are a tigh fit.

4. K588

K588 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The system had been working fine till yesterday so I know the hoses are correct. The only thing that happened was it got low on fluid. Other than that I have not messed with it.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

there is a specific blead out gide line from gm. just dont recall it as of this point. but basicly full up pump, then turn wheels lock to lock non running and off the ground. then recheck system. then pump brakes to get all assist out of boster. recheck level. then fire up for 10 sec and turn off. recheck level. and also when you start the truck have pedel on floor it should drop for a split sec and push back at you after that.

once done let set for 3/4 hour. no running while setting. go out and use brakes. there should be some asssist left.

thats the basic of it.