Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydroboost without power steering?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k204dr, May 15, 2006.

1. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

is it possible to run hydroboost without having power steering? what would you do with the pressure line coming out of it, could it be tee'd into the return at the pump? I'm doing a brake swap on a fj40, and want to put on hydro, but don't have the time to do a p/s conversion right now.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Took me a minute to realize you mean with a power steering PUMP -- sort of important! -- but without a power steering BOX! :D

Don't see why you couldn't just block the pressure line coming out; teeing it into the return line seems like it'd drop the pressure going into the hydroboost.

-- A

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You'd have to plug the supply from the brake booster to the gear box. That's a high pressure line and you wouldn't want to just tee it in to the return. I wouldn't think you could get the hose clamps on the return lines to hold.

4. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

well, guess i need to figure out where to get a plug then. its just for a month or two, then i can get on the power steering conversion.

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Any shop that sells hydraulic equipment and parts should be able to supply one.