Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydroboost

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Oct 2, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

what vehicles had hydroboost systems? when i was looking in the chiltons book it said something about it having powersteering fluid in it> did this run the power steering also? is this gonna be more ttrrouble than its worth to put in? should i just put in a master cylinder from a one ton?|

thanks

nathan

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

A 1 ton 1989 Crew Cab that I just bought for the engine has the hydroboost and it does work off the power steering pump. Will be using it and the hydro clutch on my 69!

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Yukon jack

Is your clutch like a clutch on a big truck (18) How does it work off the power steering? would I have to change my PS pump? Would a hydro boost set up work any better than regular breaks?

I am assuming here that i can run this with dana 44 and fronmt disc 1/2 ton calipers. so someone stop me if im wrong.

thanks again

nathan

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

The clutch is a hydraulic clutch, (my mind was thinking hydraulic but typed hydro in the previous response). It is just the setup off the 1 ton.

From what I understand the hydroboost on the brakes is just a different form of power assist. I believe it just gives better peddle feel and should require less peddle pressure. I'm learning as I go so there may be other benefits that I'm not aware of.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

ok cool!

thanks

nathan