Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydroclutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Jan 10, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

ive already searched through like 100 post and figured out that a hydroclutch came on 85 up trucks. did they come on certain ones?? and there seems to be differnt opinions on whether i need to get the pedals or if i can just use standard mounts that are in my 69. its an auto but the mounts are still inder there. i also saw something about needing a different flywheel. i think i still have the one off my old 90 2wd that was standard will it work?

thanks for all the help

nathan /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

All 85-87 and 85-91 K5/Burb/crewcab use the same hydraulic clutch stuff.

You will need the bellhousing, master, and slave. The flywheel is the same as older ones. I would go with a 67-72 clutch pedal assembly.

IIRC, the pushrod stays with the master, and has an eye on the end that is attached to the pedal. You will have to figure out the right spot for the master on the firewall, and drill the hole in the right place on the pedal.

I used to have a few 67-72 trucks, and my '91 crewcab is hydro clutch, so I know what you're dealing with.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

u2slow

thanks for the info. looks like yet another trip to the junkyard. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

U2slow is right on on what he said. im not sure if first gen and second gen pedal assy is the same, but if not go with the second gen hyd assy.
    it makes the job a lot easier and it has braces that the cylande mount to.
    PM "ARQ" because he has done this on his 69(?)
    he is a busy man and it will take him a bit to get back. but i know he did a few things in a bit of an odd manner. like mounted the cylander upside down. looks odd, but i have felt his pedal and it is nice. i would like it a bit softer, but i got bad knees.
    Grant

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

74 blazer

thanks for the hints. i will track down arq and ask him about it. upside down? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

thanks again

nathan