Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydrolic clutch conversion?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Feb 18, 2006.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all I have been thinking about doing a hydrolic clutch when I put the 4 speed in the jimmy. The problem is I havnt found any of the parts localy for cheap. So I have been looking around and was wondering if anyone here has used this http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_hcr3.htm in there truck?

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got it in my blazer. The bracket for the slave cylinder was one of the things that I really didn't wanna make. In retrospect, I wish I would have made my own because their bracket had to be modified to work. The two holes that they pre-drilled in the bracket put a horrible angle on the pushrod. I just drilled two new holes where I thought they should be and it has worked perfect for a year now. The bracket that I made for the clutch pedal was even more of a pita. After a bunch of tries, I finally got a design that works good enough. It still put a lot of torque on the pedal bushings. Good luck.