Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydrolic clutch problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by velocitiii, Feb 21, 2005.

1. velocitiii

velocitiii Registered Member

My 99 s-10 work truck has the hydaulic slave cylinder that sets directly behind the throw out bearing. You had to burry the pedal in the flor mat to get it to release, so I had the clutch, presure plate, master and slave cylinder replaced, all with no change whatsoever.:mad: What the ---- else is there other than the line between the master and slave? It's not leaking, how could it be that?:confused:

Anybody got any ideas?

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Air still in the line

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is it an all steel line?

4. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Air in line? Leaking line connections? Blown seal inside master or slave cylinder? Clutch pedal not hooked up correctly to master cylinder? Got enough fluid in the master cylinder? Just some quick ideas. These things are really really simple in design but can create headaches. Did you take the slave cylinder off to see if it moves correctly when its not pushing on the throwout?

5. velocitiii

velocitiii Registered Member

I'll bleed it again this evening. I didn't have any help so I had my mechanic do it. He usually does a pretty good job, but he may have missed something. I usually do this type of stuff myself, but it was the work truck and I'm short on time so I just had it done.

It's a hard plastic line I don't see how it could be ballooning out without being cracked or broken?