Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydrolic Pedal Assemably Question!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DuallyK5, May 4, 2006.

1. DuallyK5

DuallyK5 Registered Member

Im converting my 88 k5 from a 700r4 trans back to a np208 to a sm465 with a np205 setup. Now the only problem im having is figuring out the pedals. What year brakets will fit my 88. I have a clutch pedal with the factory bolt bushing and support rods. Is there anyway i can still use my stock braket or would it jsut be easier to by a clutch and braket pedal assembly with the hanger braket? What years brakets are for what year trucks and its a hydrolic setup. Doesnt anyone has and pedal part numbers or hanger parts numbers? If anyone has pictures please email me them to quadnut2001@aol.com Thanks!

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the parts are for the most part discontinued. for hydro pedals, you need to find an 85-91 setup (NOT the newer bodystyle trucks! (ie 88-98). you have to change the bracket too, as they are different.

3. DuallyK5

DuallyK5 Registered Member

ok

yo a 87 setup would work? like 88 isnt a special year right. The clutch pedal should be stright or offset? I have the one that is straight. Can i just bolt it up to my exhisting braket worst come to worse like they did on the th350 to sm465 swap with the longer bolt? and another question? Will my clutch master cylinder for the 88 has a flat mounting surface so it will sit flush on the firewall? And if anyone has pictures of exrything like master clyinder and pals and resivior that would help greatly! I found a pedal setup that came out of a 1986 chevy c10 custom deluxe truck would that work?

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

1985 - 1991 clutch setups will ALL work. there are dimples in the firewall where the support rods go, drill them out, install the rods. then make a template off of the mounting flange of the master cylinder. cut the center hole so the master fits in, bolt it together, and be done with it.