Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydrolic sm465 ? slave type

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnSPledg, Apr 5, 2002.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I know its been asked a couple hundred times, but I can't seem to find all the information. I have a 1972 sm465/np205 combo. I have a 350 engine on the way, but not sure what year the block is or if it matters. I want to convert to hydrolic clutch with slave cylinder. What bellhousing, shift fork, master, push rod, etc. works best. I would prefer to pull everything from one truck and keep it all gm parts for ease of replacement. I have searched the message boards and can't seem to find the answer for a complete set up, they all seem to be people starting off with a handfull of parts and going from there. I have NOTHING but pieces of the stock linkage. It had been severely "rigged" when I bought it. But I was younger and stupider then. Also, any first gen people in the Baton Rouge, La area? Or in "Funroe" who can get me a skyjacker hook up to replace my 6" block lift? BTW i'm not driving it with the block lift, I parked it in 1996 when I burned through 6 qts of 20w-60 in less than 100 miles. Thanks in advance for the help. I am tired of looking at this thing sit in my carport. I'm ready to get it back out in the mud.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The hydraulic clutch linkage came on 1985 and later GM trucks...I got my pedal assembly, bellhousing, slave/master cylinders, shift fork and boots, all of an 1985 K5 with a 6.2L Diesel...I had to order a new slave cylinder, shift fork, and shift-fork stud cuz they were kinda shot... Here are a few part #'s that I needed...

--Clutch release fork -#15592270
    --Slave cylinder -#15615868
    --Hydraulic hose- #15537760
    --Bell Housing-#15530202
    --Pivot; clutch fork-#15592268
    --Master cylinder-#15615867

Othere than those parts, all you will need is a clutch pedal assembly, a few push rods, seals...Oh and while you are at it, put a new clutch in and resurface the flywheel...

Chris

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

You can use the stock bellhousing and fork with a Fiero's hydraulic slave cylinder if you fabricate a mount for it. I actually have a mount for one floating around here somewhere, but I don't know where it is.

4. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

how well does that setup work? I want to conver mine too, but I am not sure what to do

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you have to remove all that mechanicallinkage and find a place to put in the master cylinder, thats; the hard part. especially if you don't like cuttingup your blaze.

i used the hole where the clutch rod goes to teh outside, but i have an extra 2" of clearance cause my body lift. so i wont hit the valve cover.

next you need to get a new bellhousing and shift fork that accepts the slave cylinder, or just fab a braket and used the existing stuff.

then route the hyd lines and you're set. if you use DOT3 brake fluid MAKE SURE you use DOT3 approved hoses, that means it has to be brake fluid proff.

ARQ.

6. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

I'll give 'er a go. Thanks