Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hypertech power programmer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by promudder1, Apr 9, 2002.

1. promudder1

promudder1 1/2 ton status

i purchased one of these for my 1998 z71, the only difference i could see is the top speed being raised. i felt no difference in power,shift or pulling,it raised the shift point at W.O.T. 200 rpm's woopy! dont get dooped into buying one of these, they suck! they are definately not worth the $300.00 you give for them.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine bought one for his '96 Z28 and didn't notice much either......

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I bought a new KN intake system, new termostat, and exhaust for my 2001 Z71 and wasn't impressed with the performance UNTIL I used the hypertech programer and the thermostat.

As everything else goes it is the combination of parts that helps not just one. I would HIGHLY suggest the programer if you are going to be adding other goodies. It has vastly inproved my towing and gas milage also.

4. promudder1

promudder1 1/2 ton status

i have an airraid intake also ,sounds cool, but didnt notice much there either, exhaust is next.