Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hypothetical Dana 60 scenerio

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 19, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Say you had at least ten people after a Dana 60 front. Your ultimate goal is to achieve the number 10 to feel "fulfilled". You are at 9, and after the 10th is acquired, you will aim to find #11 just cause you can.

Now, 60 #11 will be sought after by these ten or more people. How do you decide who gets to buy it?

Base it on:

1) Who you've known longest?

2) Who's been asking about a 60 the longest?

3) Who has the money first?

4) Who offers the most? (You have been offered from $1200-$2000 in the past)

5) A random drawing of their names thrown into a diff cover?

6) Host a multi-episode nationwide broadcast TV reality show putting contestants through various tasks and eliminations to determine the ultimate winner and buyer of the Dana 60.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

do it battle royal style. put em all in a ring, and whoever walks out gets it!

3. mountainexplorer

Ok, that can be option #7. :laugh:

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

LOL, tough call.

I know what you mean about wanting more.. this old guy lives down the road from me and has a beater V3500 CC, probably a 90, anyway I get first dibbs when he sells it... and I already have a D60/14bFF for my K5. The truck is a hammered farm truck, so I'm sure I'll get it cheap when he wants to get rid of it. Runs like a top though. :cool1:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

drinking contest?

who ever organized your shop?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4) Who offers the most? (You have been offered from $1200-$2000 in the past) Best offer usely wins.

7. mountainexplorer

Hmmm... the more I think about it, since there's a TV reality series for almost everything... I want to go get some sponsors, sign up contestants, get a network sold on my new show idea, then host the series of tasks for the contestants.

Such as, cleaning my driveway. Or scrapping all my parts rigs that are already stripped. Who can make it through the mud pit the fastest or furthest. Renovate all my campers and trailers to make them livable as they are made to live in them for the run of the show. Have a "junkyard wars" competition. Then the winner can get the 60 for free, and I'll make big bucks off the show instead. :cool1:

Admit it... you'd watch it. :p:

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hell yeah i'd watch it. i might even take a week off work to come compete. renovating the campers would be easy... i do it for a living. :D

9. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'd drop out if i had to clean your driveway

10. txfiremank5

LOL :haha: :rotfl: :waytogo: :woot:

Yeah! There are a lot of cheaper D60's out there... :p:

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Take the cash.:grin:

12. txfiremank5

Well, looks like the top stopped spinnin'... my father in law told me the 454 took a major dump the other day... and the mechanic told the guy it would cost more than the truck is probably worth to fix.. sooooooo....

looks like I may be getting it sooner than I thought. Hmmm.. now what to do with it.. :confused: I still need to see what he wants for it... but I'm pretty sure it will be dirt cheap for me, if I want it. This could be very interesting.... :cool1: Besides, he has a few 4x4's, and this one was just one he used for a work truck around the farm... you now the sort.. bailing wire hanging off everywhere.. bed full of junk, or trash mostly. It's a shame it looks so ragged out, I remember when it was brand new.. nice looking 1 ton CC back then.