Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I actually made it home alive without problems.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 25, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I really didn't think I had a vehicle that could drive 562.10 miles without breaking down.

I got gas 7 times, and used approximately 6.3 tanks of fuel with an average of 5.45 mpg.

I spent $235.02 in gas.

The 1st leg of the journey was in territory close to home. 170 mile round trip to grab some stuff in my beater $150 truck on Friday afternoon (this mileage and fuel not calculated into figures above):
    [​IMG]
    I tried transferring the cab and rack onto the trailer by myself and busted one of my taillights. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Eventually got it all situated.

Then after borrowing money, left at about 9:30 am Saturday morning. Stopped by Moses Lake to drop off the lumber rack. And get gas.
    [​IMG]

Down the road westward...
    [​IMG]

Then stopped in Cle Elum to get more gas and had to get a new trailer light plug in (found mine dragging on the ground).
    [​IMG]

Over the pass.
    [​IMG]

Then met KennyW in North Bend, and followed him to Renton, where we put the cab on his truck and loaded my trailer. Also met Goober and Leadfoot067, and picked up a Detroit locker I bought.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A quick run up to Bothell, Wa. to get a Gov Loc my friend bought.
    [​IMG]

Then headed back east towards home. After getting gas again.
    I had premium fuel in my left tank, switched over to that tank and got up to 70mph before the pass, determined to not to slow way down. Had to pull the pass going 35 mph in 3rd gear.

Then more gas in George, Wa. a couple hours later.
    [​IMG]

Then I got home at 2 am, Sunday.

It was fun, even going alone, since I didn't want to take any whiner friends of mine with (the non-whiners were busy).

And, Im sure we all know this, but I'll say it again: KennyW is a great guy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sounds like quite a journey! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

hey is that a dulley sub???

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn id love to take a trip like that..looks fun! love ur crew cab too..that things awesome!!

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey is that a dulley sub???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. From what Kenny and I determined from a quick first time inspection when we got there:

It has a 2wd 14 bolt FF rear with Dually adapters on it, and dually spacers up front. The fenders are aftermarket conversion ones. Whoever did it did a pretty good job. Got quite a few looks after it was loaded on the trailer.

Gotta live those '80's stripes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif