Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I almost got cheated today.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Feb 13, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

a guy comes into the store today, we call him crazy bob the whole town knows him as the guy who builds monster trucks. he was telling me a story about how his 6.2 diesel was a good motor and wanted another one. I said yeah me too. he told me he had a whole truck he would sell me. said it was a 1-ton locked front and back with a 4inch lift and 44s $2500.:eek1:

I almost started calling around to see if someone could lend me some money so I could buy it right there, cause I instantly thought military truck. Ive seen the truck before and most people would think Im crazy, prolly am from hanging out here. its beat up and like I said 4inch lift with 44s, his fenders were almost cut all the way off.

I changed my mind on the way out the door though. 6.2 diesel, 44s, and 3.73s:yikes: oh yeah then I saw the 10b front and almost cried cause I felt so bad for it. my gawd thats got to be a terrible life. he said most of the time he doesnt even use 4x4 cause he breaks the front end everytime he does.:rolleyes:
    then he showed me how to start it, no key, just two wires hanging freely under the dash, touch em together and boom its running.:doah: though I wouldnt really be worried about someone stealing it. most people would be suprised that it moves judging by the look of it.

on a good note it ran pretty darn good and comes with a 15,000 lb pto winch.

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

he had the worlds only one ton 10 bolt? one of none, thats rare, worth at least 1200 bucks... lol

3. Mr.Jimmy

Mr.Jimmy Registered Member

wher did you say this truck is at? no key huh?:D :D :D :haha: :haha: :haha:

4. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Hell i'd have bought it (except that I'll never have that much money lying around:doah:). Could've sold the tires and winch and got enough money to get better axles, and some 38" or something. Talk him down a bit and your good to go...wait where is this? Theres a similar truck that keeps getting posted by different people on craigslist..and I haven't bought that one so maybe I dont know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:......or I dont have money