Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am a prejudiced SOB... **Updated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 11, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

We pulled up to the house coming back from an all day thing today and saw a UHaul truck in the driveway of the house next door, where one of the apartments has been empty for a few months.
    So then I'm taking the dog out the back door, and I hear someone on the back stoop next door, and I see a guy standing dressed like he's in a gang, with an interesting accent that sounded like, how you say, inner city...

So anyway, I'm a prejudiced bastidge because I started thinking of all the valuable tools, equipment, stuff in the garages, stuff in my basement, the house in general... I even spent 10 seconds thinking of a way to route a survellience system for the exterior...

I don't know if it's that bad though. In some ways, I'm fine with profiling because it works. This guy stands out to me for bad reasons, the way he dressed and the way he sounded. If he was wearing a suit or just normal casual clothes, I wouldn't have even noticed him. But he looked like he should be driving a civic through brroklyn with kickin bass; there's just no one around this neighborhood like that...

Discuss...?

-----------------------------
    Updated:
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1793343#post1793343
    -----------------------------

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Approach decides response

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Kill him now before it's too late.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I do the same thing. I just like people who say we shouldn't look more towards arabs when we're looking for muslim terrorists because it's "discriminatory"...what a joke.

5. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

damn mexicans!!!:D :D j/p

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

ok...:confused:

7. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i dno i just felt like saying that....gettin sick of seeing them drive around in their toyotas....so its been brewin..

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I take it he's a young guy. Is he a teenager living with parent(s), or is it his apt. ??? For some dumb reason, kids think all that gangbanger crap is cool. So the kid might just be trying too be "cool". But I agree with Fumes, just kill him now and get it over with, :haha: .

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well, if you keep romour and preconcieved notions in the back of your head, but still interact normally up until he proves himself, or anyone proves themselves worthy of the worry, you should be fine. At least you're honest.

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Jenn has a Civic that used to have a kickin base system!!! The amp for the subs took a dive so now they're in the garage pumpin away. She even had some kids at the grocery store call her "Momma Bitch" until they saw her gettin in the car they were oggling at.

Back on topic though, yea when someone that is way outside the norm of the neighborhood takes a bit of gettin used to. We've been the weirdos a couple of times but folks learn pretty quickly that we're good people. Stop by and talk to the boy and see what comes of it.

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have been in your situation. Do not say any thing to him, but let the guy see you are not someone to be messed with. If you have guns, make sure he see's you with one walking around on your property. The combonation of a honest, hard working man, with guns, and a big full-size American truck is what thugs fear. As long as he see's you do not live in his gang-banger world, and are the kind of man that will kill to protect yourself, he will steer clear of you.

12. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

M y thoughts exactly . I had some lowlifes move in at the end of the street . We all own our house on my street but at the end of our street is a run down duplex thats this slump lord POS own's and it's all section 8 for him . Anyway I made sure that when I was out side mowing the yard , working on the car and what not I had my 357 strapped on and my neighbors knew what I was up to and they back me all the way . We have had way to many problems with this place and the line is in the sand . We don't put up with the speeding on our street and at the sign of ANY problem we call the county sheriff and they are there in 5 min top's . I wish those meth heads would just burn the place down . Bad thing is that it's right next to a big church that has school during the week so any drug dealing or manufacturing at the duplex means the county will take this guy's place . Lowlifes breed bad news it's just that plain and simple . good luck and I hope your neighbors watch out for each other like we do .

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ha ha, I forgot about that... I had to make sure I put my rifle in and out of the car when he was outside and could see it with the last neighbor...

I'm not really that worried about it, you'd have to be pretty stupid to mess with people where you live. I'm just a little worried about what/who might go in and out of the house if he's into some dumb lifestyle.
    I really don't know anything yet, andyway. For all I know, he was a moving guy. He seemed a little comfy for a moving guy, though...
    I don't know who's moving in, but there's very little activity aside from what we saw. I dunno if it's a family or just a couple or just a couple of college kids.

To be honest, I'm not really worried about it that much, I have just felt bad that my first thoughts were "What do I need to lock up?"... :doah:

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

We're just starting to get involved with the neighbors, mainly through my wife going to the bus top with a lot of other mothers every day, another guy up the road with a bike, and another guy down the road with a bike.
    We all own except for this house next door to me, and most houses have apartments they rent out while they (owners) live in half, which makes it stay a nice neighborhood even though there's a large tenant population. This house next to me turned all rental a few years ago and has been poorly managed since. The last tenant was a total kook that got evicted, the guy upstairs is nice and our boys play together, he's cool but I think he's been trying to hit on my wife :angry1:, and now who knows what's up with this new tenant.
    It's illegal in my town to rent apartments of a house unless you live in one of the apartments (either rent out the whole thing, or the half you don't live in; no multiple tenants houses allowed). This landlord is sketchy IMO, he's been kind of a dink towards us, and he doesn't even live there...

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ratch You chicken ****! Get off Your butt and go next door and bitch slap that home boy till the cows come home.
    :D :D :D

16. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

being that my mom is an ex cop along with my grandpa (oldest living retired OSTrooper) and with my 40+ years of life I have been lead to believe that these lowlifes do not care about themselves or anyone else and if there is a opertunity to take advantage or rip someone off they will do it . It's agame and a way of life for them . they are always scamming and looking for that easy score so they can boast to their buddies how great they are and how stupid we are . I would rather make it not worth their while to even consider f'n around in my domain and if that makes me a hard a$$ then so be it . Those that know me know I can be the nicest guy a give the shirt off my back to help someone out but I have no tolerance for the lowlife breed . I think your gut instint is right on the money .

17. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I would be careful with the gun issue. Mabey the guy sees it and when you are not home, "someone" breaks into your house to steal them and finds your wife home alone.
    I wouldn't advertise anything.

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was just waiting for somebody come along and say this. It was just a matter of who was going to be first. Dude, you gotta be fierce in life, and not go around thinking that standing up for what you believe is right is somehow wrong.

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

what if him "proving himself" involves some of ratch's stuff getting stolen?

20. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status