Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am changing my race from white male to; *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Oct 28, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hispanic handicapped gay black female... That way maybe I can promote to Sergeant. I scored higher than 95% of the people on the promotional exam and just found out I may not get an interview because so many of the above mentioned people scored so low or failed. They will hire them instead. They need a fair chance.... Bull Friggin crap!!! I did not score high because I am a white male, I scored high because I studied the administrative regulations and Colorado Revised Statutes til I was sick and tired.!!!!!!!!! Now I may be working for someone who failed the test that does not know crap about the job....

I am sorry if I offended anyone.. I had to rant and rave about this.. I am sure this has happened elsewere too. I will pursue this matter and keep you informed if interested.

How can this crap happen in America???? I just don't get it...

John

The three people that were going to interview backed out!!! They declined, can you believe it? I have an interview at 9:20 Thursday morning.... Wish me luck. I think there was some pressure placed on headquarters about the above mentioned activities. I am tired of being an Officer 1, Sergeant will be nice.

John

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: I am changing my race from white male to;

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifsounds about right..... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

3. chevyracing

Let me clarify one thing. I am not implying because they may be in one of the above mentioned classes they are not worthy of the position because there were a few that scored higher than I did. But to fill a position on race, creed or sexual preference alone is nuts. What about the white males that failed the test, why not promote them?

John

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Welcome to the bull$h!t that is affirmative action. This crap happens in goverment offices all the time. </font color>

5. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I work with a guy who was in the army for 20+ years, my dad did 22 in Air Force. This stuff happens all the time. It ridiculous. Heaven forbid our nations security is handled by people who know what they're doing.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds to me like the qualified people of this country should start law suits !!!! If crybaby muttafawkas can do it so they get jobs thier not capible of doing, then why can't the qualified people do so also. I don't care what color, sex, or sexual orintation someone is, if you know the job that's one thing, but being hired just becouse you're a crybaby dickhead moron is another.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ah, yes, yet another reason our country is in the shape it's in. Affirmative action instead of 'most qualified'................pisses me off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Remember the movie..."Spies Like Us"? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Got bumped out of a Masters program (along with 5 other white males), and was replaced by a Black guy I worked with and did papers for (editing, correcting, etc)...I had a 9hr semester into it, when I was bumped...so this Black guy was runnin' his mouth at work about "representin'", and how it is "Our" time...the other Blacks (I was one of only 2 whites) all were talkin' sh!t....so he came to me to help with his paper that was due, and I told him he was on his own....he flunked out his first semester...I ended up with a Master in Education rather than one in School Administration...I saw Blacks promoted in the Army, and I see Blacks promoted where I work now......singling out Blacks because they seem to get promoted, etc with the Least Qualifications, Experience, and Ability....If I sound like a Bigot, it's because Affirmative Action made me that way in self defense......I worked Job Corps and other Poverty Programs for over 6 years trying to give something back and help from within the system....I taught HS and JC for 3 yrs trying to give something back....I walked away from "helping", and "giving back" over 25 yrs ago.....**** "Em All.....Dang Moon Crickets....they're all a buncha Blue Gummed MFs......

10. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

I've been putting up with this crap for 17 yrs working as a civilian with the Air Force. It's scary that our country is ran this way when it comes to the military. There is actually a lawsuit being filed by white males for reverse discrimination,over promotions and the gov't appraisal system,it's about time!

11. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We were building a house for a hispanic structural engineer. He came right out and told us that he was hired because the company was getting into trouble for not having enough hispanic people in high ranking positions. Anyway, one day we were talking about kitchen tile, and I suggested a larger 24x24" tile instead of 12x12". The response of a STRUCTURAL ENGINEER that signs off on such things as bridges and buildings is. "Won't having tile that size make the room twice as big?" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Uh, no sir, you just have half as many tiles... It's a nice feeling knowing people like this design things like the bridges I drive over or stadiums I sit in...

12. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I don't have the best job, but it's the same way there. Everything was good, 2 good ol white boys like me were running the show just fine for 2 years. One of them got a better job somewhere else, 2 foreign broads take over. They fired the other white guy, who drove a K5 by the way /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Then they fired another white guy who busted his butt to support 6 kids. Replaced both of them with filistinkos. I hate workin on this Air Force base, doesn't even feel like I'm in America sometimes.

13. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

my opinion is affirmative action has caused more harm than good, promotions ect should all be based on merit and not skin color or anything else, i have yet to find a job where this is the case, maybe because i keep working for the government /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

try being a white male with a nice household income and applying for scholarships! same garbage! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just one more reason i love the Marine Corps. promotions and what not are not based on a test they are based on day to day performance and iniative, unlike every other armed force in the country. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but i beleive we have one of the best systems running and after being in it over 10 years i know what im talking about. i run into people who got out all the time and they hate being on the outside.

16. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I worked Job Corps and other Poverty Programs for over 6 years trying to give something back and help from within the system

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Job Corps,
    Wouldn't be where I'am today without it. (that and ALOT of hard-work and sticking to the game plan). Meny of the Instructors, D/As, and several of the people there have had a impact on my life as I live it now.
    For what it's worth,
    Thanks!

17. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

isnt affirmitive action supposed to be a thing of the past /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

hang in there, hard work will pay off eventually

18. chevyracing

Justice has been served.

John

19. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hispanic handicapped gay black female

[/ QUOTE ]

Intresting....LMAO! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif