Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i am done with all this sadness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i feel for everyone of those in our country and else where, with the hurricane and the recent tsunami and 9/11 ofcourse. but damnit i am sick of seeing it, and feeling it and hearing it. i am taking friday off so i can take my boy to sea world and enjoy his innocence before he is grown, and my small boy is a teenager. i want to forget for just a while how rotten people are. when i go home tonight instead of flicken the tv on and see all the despair in New orleans and the world i will take my son for a walk around the block while my son rides his electric quad around and ask him if he had fun at school today. i will tell him how much i love him and how proud of him i am.

after dinner and his bath we will wrestle in his room and play with his toys for awhile. then i will put him to bed and look forward to seeing how much fun we will have at sea world tomorrow. he is soooo excited about going, that is all he has been talking about. that and wanting a "DARK Vador" costume. thats how he says it, not darth vador. i tell him "its darth" bud not dark. he says i know dad, but i like saying dark vador. thats what i love about him, he's a little person, he's smart and funny and a very loving child. he is my boy and i love him. there is alot to be thankful and happy for, even through all this sadness lately in our world. thats why i am done with it.

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Amen. Do dad things, someimes to live your own life in a microcosm is a good thing.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That sounds like a very excellent idea. We're kinda doin the same thing this weekend as we're headin out of town up to where it's a bit cooler and not do nuthin but set around, toss back a few beers and enjoy the kids for three days. :D

Oh yea. They're four so I know exactly what you're talkin about.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

good for you. :wink1:

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Soak it all up .. they grow way too fast. :(

6. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

im doing the same this weekend, no tv fo rme and hanging out with my bud and have a day we are wheelin- he LOVES it and i promised i would let him drive this time again.

now if i could get my daughter to like this stuff, she hates dirt,guns,loud trucks, and bumps. so im trying to teach my son not to play with her barbies so much-but i do to have some play time(tea party gets a little old, even though she makes coffee just for me :D )

good luck and have a blast! the world will wait till tuesday. :wink1:

7. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

You've got the right idea.

I still remember times like that I spent with my father 20 years ago. There's no question in my mind..... that's what life is all about.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Absolutely. I'm sending my 5yr old to his grandparents for a long weekend. A little break will do him good.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You know what? You are right. Can't believe I didn't think of it. No TV, no news, and no talking about how bad things are for the entire 3 day weekend. If anyone brings up gas prices or NOLA or anything bad I will walk away. I'll be in Gilmer enjoying my truck and my friends. I will try to get them to do the same.

At least it's a start, and some well needed rest of the mind and emotions.