Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am glad that I have a K5 in the garage..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MOABDADC22, Apr 18, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, I just got back from my annual Moab run. I took the 96 Tahoe for the first time. (For those of you who don't know....I traded in my 90 K5 4" lift, detroit rear, and 33's for a 96 Tahoe with a 6" lift and 35's.)

Well the Tahoe actually did better that I thought. I successfuly completed The Golden Spike trail and made it through the Golden Crack with no damage.

I sure could tell the difference between IFS and a solid front axle. I had to use a little more gas pedal to make it over some obstacles the K5 just walked over. IFS has ZERO flex. It did give me the opportunity to lift a tire many, many, many times on the trail.

Any how, I should have the 73 K5 ready for next year. Thank god I had enough sense to buy another K5 to replace the one I traded.

P.S. If you move this post to the "GARAGE",
    I will find out where you live and park 25 FORDS
    in your driveway.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

25 fords huh? That a threat? I already have plenty of oil spots from the one ford I did own and my brother in laws POS BroncoII. Few more make no difference. Once they are in my yard then I can sell them and make some cash cause they were abandond on private property /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Moving it to the garage just because you made the comment and no other reason. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. WD Steeves

WD Steeves Registered Member

I was wondering if you know what brand of lift is in the Tahoe? I am looking to do some suspension work to a 99.Please e-mail me at wdsteeves@telus.net Regards

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Damn you Scuba Steve....................Ha Ha