Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am going to kill...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I just caught one of the more assinine managers rumaging through my cubicle in search of a power adaptor for a scanner...... first off, NO ONE EVER is allowed to go through my stuff. when we were in the other building, I was in a locked security controlled access office, because peopel would steal stuff from us. next up, he's the one who packed said scanner, and power supply, and cords and cables, and etc... he should have NOT lost them when he moved them. and Finaly, I have a priority list. if he wants something, he can go talk to my manager, and get worked into the list, instead of hounding me constantly.

its days like today that drive me to drinking... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

-Rich

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

For a small pittance, I'll be your chief of security. I think they would get the message after hearing the magical sound of one of Mr. Mossberg's finest getting rack and Mr. Boudreaux asking, "What up y'all?"

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, now I am a little more then marginaly pissed off..... someone stole1/2 of my tools last night... now I can't even do any work on anything around here. they left most of the specialized tools, ( most expensive, and least useful to anyone else, like my 110 punchdown tool, my cable crimpers etc) but all my screw drivers walked, and my extensive allen wrench set took a hike as did an entire spool of blank CD media. I'm going to go have a point blank conversation with my manager about thisand regardless of what VP bitches, I will be locking the Server room down with a lock they don't have a key to from now on, with the remainder of my tools ( actually company tools, but I can't do a job without them, and am quite pissed to have seen them walk away)

while I was writing this, the project manager for the reconstruction of the building just barged into the server room, ignoring the `AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY sign that we taped there..... lets see the bastards ignore a deadbolt now....

-Rich

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'll take that 110 punchdown tool off your hands if ya want. Mine walked away a couple of weeks ago, and it doesn't really work trying to use a knife blade.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I feel your pain! I work with an engineer that does not understand the concept of returning things to where you got them... He started a couple years ago with a packed toolbox, which is now devoid of useful tools.

I walked in this morning and found littered on my desk:

A soldering iron
    A cutoff piece of an audio connector
    A spool of solder
    Wire clippings and stripped insulation
    A portable soldering vise
    Cutters
    Plastic wrappers from new connectors
    A beard trimmer (which is kinda gross and inconsiderate if ya ask me, to be shaving over someone else's desk)

I'm paying the price for keeping my work space clean and free of useless clutter...

You might think about getting some kind of file cabinet with locks on it. I did that after a couple of my screwdrivers started disappearing and reappearing in unusual places... I also went out and bought my own tools, and marked each one with my name...