Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am not a dumba$$ (203/205 t-case ?)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

A guy came in up at work today (my uncle's shop/junk hole) and needed a T-Case for a '76 Chevy. So I though right away, the 203 laying out back is what he's looking for . Then he mentions casually that is for a manual transmission. I'm going to go out and help him load it, then I realize that he would need a 205. I come back and try to explain this to my uncle and its liking trying to talk to a wall. I am dumba$$ according to him and it will fit. So far I've told him that the shifter will be different, the rear driveshaft, and adapter plate. What else will beong when trying to put in a 203/350 t-case in place a SM465 that would have had 205. I think he just gave the case to this friend of his, so its not a matter of turning a buck.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So he's gonna try and mate a 27 spline 203 to a 10 spline SM 465?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

rene

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yup, the ol' round peg in a square hole. I can never remeber the damn spline counts. Now lets see what he has to say about that. Of course, according to him I'll still be a little know-it-all know nothing. It'll be funny though when the poor guy who tries to put that heavy SOB in comes back with it. Oh, by the way, this the same uncle who swaped a rear in a 4WD Chevy that was drastically different from the original gearing. Supposedly there are pictures out there of the carnage that insued on that poor truck. Funny how someone else who was there that day years ago told me the story, instead of my uncle.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well fortunately the adaptor is quite different too.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene