Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am now the new owner of this absolutely cherry 1970 K5...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Aug 24, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Check out my new truck... well, not mine quite yet, a little issue of applying for the loan, but the bank already said they'd give me the money for it, all I needed was pictures.

It doesn't look like it in the pics because the sun was setting when I took them, but it's Hugger Orange.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

bah, thats a pile of junk, why would you want that? :rolleyes: to each his own i guess.... btw, where is it, i'll come test drive it and check it out for ya first :p:

3. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I concure... I feel so bad for you that I'll take it off your hands for you.. :rolleyes:

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Pretty bold words from someone who isn't even holding the title yet..... :rolleyes:

I hope it works out, but it's really not yours until it's YOURS if you know what I mean.

:deal:

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I take it you ditched the burned out one and I can dedicate my back seat to a bonfire couch? :D

6. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks good. I've seen these for $1,000-$14,000. Prices seam to be going up. Also the 69 stepsides fetch big bucks. To bad that there getting so costly.

7. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

should probably take some pics that are in focus for the bank, I have a feeling they'd appreciate it.

it looks pretty clean, the only nitpick i have is the rims...kinda ghey with the orange paint. didn't you get a truck too?

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am so jealous

9. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

VERY NICE !

what i cant figure out is how the outside and the inside look pretty sweet,
    but the engine compartment looks like hell :eek1:

10. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

RAD-ical

My thought exactly.Then I figured that maybe that is the pic of engine on his old truck that got posted by mistake. Surely the engin bay is as Blingy as the outside??
    Why is there a drain pipe going to the rad?

Nice looking truck, Hope you get it, Then get it dirty! :wink1:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Looks much better than my 70. I noticed the tailgate does not have Chevrolet stamped in it like mine has. Does that indicate that your tailgate has been changed, or was the lettering some kind of option? I am still in the learning curve on old Blazers, so forgive what is probably a dumb question.

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice!! Nice! Nice!!

Man,I'm droolin!..what a nice truck!...makes me wish I'd never sold the three first generation K5's and Suburnan I had!...I noticed the tailgate had no "CHEVROLET" stamped in it too--maybe its an aftermarket replacement??.

I agree its strange they did not detail the engine compartment,seeing how the rest is so cherry---maybe the guy got tired,or ran out of money??..

Kiwi John!--that "drain pipe" is factory OEM equipment!--all my pre-72 trucks had one of those steel pipes for the upper hose! I have a brand new one I never installed in my pile of rubble here somewhere!--I learned a 1972 Monte Carlo upper hose fit perfect on my 72 K5,so I never used the pipe--they rot out fast around here--I figured rubber was better!.. :crazy:

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

what did you guys not see the neon yellow zip ties!??!?!?! what is wrong with you
    ?

:crazy:

14. PhoenixZorn

The Tailgate is an LMC replacement, made in taiwan or some crap, and it's the only part that isn't original, hence the lack of Chevrolet across the thing... as for the engine bay, and why it looks like crap, the guy isn't a mechanic, he owns a body shop, and has had this truck for about 5 years. He did the complete restoration and paint job about 4 years ago, no bondo as far as my magnet can tell. The engine runs strong, and it will likely get dressed up as soon as it hits my driveway.... actually as soon as it hits my shop floor. The only thing it really needs mechanically is a brake job, and I plan on a disc brake swap from my burned out blazer. Now I just have to find a walkthrough on a disc brake swap on a first gen...

15. wazzabie

Is the tail gate with the fake wood only on the CST? What extra options does the CST have and why is it so expensive today. Also did the CST become the silverado trim in 73? What happened to CST?

16. PhoenixZorn

wazzabie I have no idea what you are talking about... but anyway... the zip tie comment made me laugh.

I will be puting my wagon wheels on this blazer and ditching the orange wheels, for anyone who feels the wheels are just too blingy... I agree. I need to get to the bank with a quickness and hopefully, they will reply with a quickness.

17. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

CST didn't make its own new thread and pirated someone else's, and then it became a member of the Band.

18. wazzabie

Shouldn't the tcase shifter be taller in the pics? Was it cut shorter. CST blazer are the top line K5 trim till 72. I should made this a new post I guess.

19. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I agree the shifter should be taller, does it have a body lift?

20. PhoenixZorn

An inch if anything at all... I think your view is slightly skewed because of the angle of the picture, the stick is about as long as my 86 stick. I don't know what trim package this one has, but I did read the glovebox plackard, which is still as readable as the day it was put there. I'm really looking forward to driving this one home... just have to finish cleaning out my garage so I have a place to put it in winter.