Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am sick and tired of this....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Mar 30, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am sick and tired of coming to this board and seeing "Cop Bashing" posts.

You do not see me bashing your chosen profession do you? I became a cop to help people. Not to harrass, annoy, violate, beat or oppress others.

Do you little PUNKS know how many times I personally have been spit on, punched, cut, kicked and almost shot!!!!! Why???? Simply because I am a cop!!! Because I wear a uniform some find repulsive.

I am the one you see running into danger when others run away. I have run into burning buildings, given CPR to the extremely young and to the elderly, held a dying mans hand as he blew bubbles in his own frothing blood, only to watch him die. I have seen the most horrible things you could imagine.

And for what.......so some ignorant jerk can judge me before he even knows me!!!

I do my job everyday because I like to help. I have stopped husbands/wives from beating each other by makng arrests. I have taken children from filthy and abusive homes, so that they can be safe. I have arrested drunk drivers, so that they may live to drive drunk again. I have taken drugs off the street, so that kids do not have access to them. I am thankful for everyday that I am able to come home to my family.

Next time you break a minor traffic law and and get a ticket, then make a disclaimer about all cops being a$$holes, you think about this.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I agree with everything you said here and I respect all members of law enforcement because I stop to think what it would be like to be in their shoes.

I know when I have done something wrong and accept my punishment accordingly, I know that if I disagree with an officer that I can just go to my hearing and explain my side of the story (and if I'm not full of $h!t, then I will be fine) so there is no need to be rude or talk trash after the matter.

It has been my experience that even if you do **** up but you realize that you did and you take responsibility for your actions that the final outcome isn't nearly as bad as if you moan and groan and put up a fight till the end. Cop or not, if people treat others with respect, respect will be given to them.

I appreciate what everyone in law enforcement does for all of us the same way that I respect our soldiers (after all you couldn't be that bad if you're a CK5 member right?) /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

But even you must admit that everyone has there bad days and that every group has its own bad apples /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Very well said! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Some of my best friends are officers of the law. A few of them are highway patrols and not a day goes by that I hope they don't get hurt out on the highways. Even I worry for them and hope for their safety.

I'm older now and a little wiser. When I was younger, I was in the same shoes as most others who talk crap about the law officers. I grew up and realized that they are only doing their job. They are human, too. We all make mistakes. No one should have to be cursed, shot, beaten, or treated like crap for their profession, whether its being a cop or a panhandler.

Afterall, if you arent doing something wrong, why should you worry about a cop? If you leave them alone, they wont harass you.

Remember, think before you say or do something......you may regret it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

And I thank you for it! I have alot of friends and family in that profession and you can HAVE IT!!!! Yes, I like everyone hate cops when I get pulled over. But more than not I deserved it. And when I didn't think I desreved a ticket I went to court, argued my point and so far have been lucky. It's been 17 yrs since my last traffic ticket, so I guess my only complaint against the police (as a dept.) is "they're never there when you needs 'em"!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Don't let a few punks get you down. You know why you got involved in law enforcement and you will do your job no matter what a few punks have to say. I don't envy you for the work you do but I'm glad that for the most part, cops can look the other way and continue to save lives and help citizens through thier daily problems. And remember this. These same punks that badmouth cops will also be the first ones to cry for help from the police when they find themselves in the victim seat.

The problem as I see it is that people do not take responsibility for what they do. Everybody is a victim now and nothing is anyone's fault. Everyone in jail is innocent and breaking the law is OK as long as you don't get caught. Then when they do get caught it's somone elses fault that they did wrong. They had a tough upbringing or thier mother was on crack or thier teacher didn't spend enough time with them or the light was not timed right or what ever excuse they can come up with like the cop was harassing me because I dated his daughter.

It's just another part of a cops job to take all this crap from a bunch of whining babies who think that they have been wronged by the police. And one of the ways they vent about it is to go online and whine about it in public. So as I said, don't let it get you down. You guys have a tough job every day of your lives and there are plenty of people out there who appreciate it. Keep up the good work and know that these little punks don't make a hill of beans in the spectrum of the job you guys do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I got stuck by a hypodermic needle during a patdown one time about a year ago. I had to go through some precautionary treatment for HIV and hHepetitus called vira-cept for 30 days. I had to take 5 500mg pills of one kind and 2 other 500mg pills of another kind twice a day. That is 7000 mg's of medicine in my body a day. I was sick ....Fortunately when the base line tests came back from the little punk and my base line tests came back everything was negative for HIV, Hepetitus, and other STD's so I get to live a while.

People who bash cops of any kind, I don't care if they are security guards a Walmart or State Police Officers, just don't get it. They usually have a guilty concious about something they have done and have not been caught for yet.

I am a Hostage Negotiator for the State of Colorado as well as being into enforcement. This is a very contoversal job. I may have to go out and save the life of an individual that just murdered a child and is now threating to jump of a building.... There are parts of a human psychy that says let the bastard jump, but as a professional I need to bring him down and let the legal system deal with him....

I have to save the same kind peoples lives who are Cop bashers too, and I would do it in a heartbeat. Anyway, just rambling... Sorry.

John

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

RIGHT ON!!! im 19 and have never bashed a cop. i can't stand people who do. i try to be very polite and helpful, but IF i still feel they are harrassing me i think it is the GUY that doesn't like me not a COP.

Sure i get nervous when talking to them because i know that i did somthing wrong and don't know if they now about it or not.

Btw, [ QUOTE ]
    I have arrested drunk drivers, so that they may live to drive drunk again.

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I know someone who does this.

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If I "bend" a law and suffer the consequences, I MAN UP and take my medicine! In the same vein, I lost a friend from the neigborhood growing up who became a cop and was shot and killed on duty. I could never do a law enforcement job, I wouldn't have the guts or patience to look a crack-head "parent" in the face and not beat them to death on the spot. Cops have to see things we can't even imagine, put up with ridiculous rules and people second-guessing their every move. All for a ridiculously low rate of pay. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wish every cop thought like you.

I'll take my knocks if I break the rules (unless it's parking in a corrupt-regulated parking lot).

I'm glad to hear you have pure intentions and are a true cop, but sadly, I'm of the belief right now that my county employs a force that's corrupt and self serving. State troopers and city cops get a lot more respect from me.

10. MOABDADC22

[ QUOTE ]
    The problem as I see it is that people do not take responsibility for what they do. Everybody is a victim now and nothing is anyone's fault. Everyone in jail is innocent and breaking the law is OK as long as you don't get caught. Then when they do get caught it's somone elses fault that they did wrong. They had a tough upbringing or thier mother was on crack or thier teacher didn't spend enough time with them or the light was not timed right or what ever excuse they can come up with like the cop was harassing me because I dated his daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Alot of people are "victims" these days. It seems to be the "in" thing. Why take resposibility for your own actions when you can blame society.

I know there are "bad" cops out there. I am not so shielded from the world that I do not realize that. There are also "bad" plumbers, accountants, mechanics, pilots, computer programmers, exterminators etc.........

Cops are in the spotlight of society. We drive around in cars that are highly visible. When we do something wrong, no matter how trivial it is, someone is there to see it.

My department issues take home patrol cars. That means that we can drive anywhere in the county off-duty. When driving the car, we have to be armed, and are required to respond to an emergency if needed. We can and do write citations off-duty.

Other Deputies and I have had citizen complaints for:

My turn signal only blinking four times while changing lanes.

A dirty car.(in the middle of winter)

Only having 3 hubcaps.

Parking in the "good" spots at Wal-Mart.

My point is, some people are just waiting for a chance to complain about cops. I am not talking about legitimate complaints. I am talking about the people who In my opinion, are a parasite to society. They wait for their chance to bash a cop.

If you are really serious about "bad" cops in your area, do something about it. Write a letter to your City Counsel/County Commisioner. Attend your local governmet meetings. Schedule a meeting with the local Chief of Police/Sheriff/Constable etc. This is America /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif, and that is your RIGHT.

You will be helping me and every other "good" cop out there to rid ourselves of the "bad" cops. I want them gone as bad as you do.

For those of you who are old enough to have children, nieces, nephews etc..... When you honestly break the law and have to face the consequences, take the time to explain what happened to the kids. Their only experience with a cop could be "Daddy getting pulled over". If you explain what you did and what the cop did to the child, will help you, me, and society.

If you go on about "I got a ^%&^&*% ticket from that a$$hole" what message are you sending to the kids?? If you explain that what you did was wrong and that the cop was doing his job, that sends a different message.

Some survey out there says that the average person has 5 encounters with a cop in his/her lifetime. Those people will remeber that encounter for the rest of their lives.

That is why I am always professional and courteous to everyone. Yes, sometimes I have to take more drastic measures. Even then, I remember that I am sworn to uphold the law and to respect the rights of EVERYONE!!

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

my reply to the cops, cops, cops post

[ QUOTE ]
    Re: cops.cops. cops... [Re:st08x]
    #704527 - 03/27/03 11:01 PM Edit Reply Quote

This is not directed at anyone in particular........however here goes

I am so tires of hearing about how cops pick on everyone.....YES there are a**hole cops around...there are a few in my town as well, but there are a**hole lawyers, and store owners, and garage owners, and mechanics, and mothers and fathers etc....

WE have a LOT of cops/sherifs/troopers on this board......everytime you guys flame a cop- you are collectivly telling every one of them they are an a**hole.......NEVER have I seen anyone ranting about a cop say "i know not all cops are bad".......blah blah fawkin blah............

drive like a person is suppose to drive......if you dont have cats- your an idiot..........your asking for it......ANY time you are turning onto ANY other street.....regardless of if you ONLY have 1 choice.........lane change signals should be used.......regardless of if they are required - it takes a "reason" away from that peckerhead cop you dont like.....

My K5 is 1/4 of an inch below state inspection height..... I know this......I've measure......I was pulled over ONCE for it, here in my town.......the cop was very polite- he said "your bumpers are too high".......I said, okay hold on 1 second, I'm gonna grab a paper outta my glove box".......grabbed the copy of the inspection laws- that I had gotten from this same local PD...........along with the tape measure that's kept in my glove box........proceeded to show him the paper, as he read it, I measured my front bumper........1/4 inch below.....went to the rear- 1/4 " below.......I explained to the officer that I did not want my truck to be illegal, which is why I had gone through these issue's and gotten the correct information.....he replied with a "I wish everyone was this nice when they got pulled over"............

Now i have been pulled over for what I feel is a Bullsh*t reason....I had the 'vette and swerved to go around a man hole cover in the center of my town- speed limit is 25, I was doing probably 15......cop was behind me, he pulled me over....proceeded to request that I perform sobriety checks...which I did.....I did the alcho test etc... before all of this, he asked me why I swerved, I told him......he wrote me a ticket for crossing the center line......

I brought that ticket to court....for the simple reason that he did not have probable cause for the sobriety checks, other than my crossing the line. My ticket was thrown out.....

I got a Careless and Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle once.........myself and 2 of my girlfriends,,,,,, myself in the 'vette, 1 in her iroc, and another in her eclipse were 3 wide on a two lane road......one in the breakdown, 1 in the travel, and me in the on-coming lane.......we were draggin...we shouldnt have been, I ate the 5 points, and 300 bucks in fines........paid it didnt complain etc....the cop was doing his job we were being idiots....

A cop has a thankless job- NEVER does anyone say "thanks for giving me that DWI, you save my life"......nothing they do gets a thanks.....imagine if you will how fun that job must be...They go to work every day, not knowing what kind of problems they will deal with, never knowing what kind of domestic assualt case is going to turn deadly on them.....a simple traffic stop risks their life EVERY time they turn on the blues......

Stop and think before you open your mouth.........use the "preview post" option, if you sound like an a** dont post it.....there are too many good officers here on this board to have you guys give them all a bad name...........

**off the soap box**

Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]

--Brandy

12. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hate that when that happen's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. MOABDADC22

Brandy, I think you and I share the same brain stem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I spent my dumber I mean, younger years wasting my brain cells, lets pray I dont have to share whats left of my brain stem /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Funny part is- I spent last night TRYING to get pulled over....2 hours later I still couldnt do it.....amazing that when I'm trying to, it never happens......I bet if I took the K5 out last night, I could have in no time...........FREAKIN COP.......wouldnt turn on his blues for the life of me.....didnt help that he spent 1.5 of those 2 hours in the cop shop.......MAN OH MAN!

15. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I hear ya guys on this. almost all the cops in my town are cool about stuff. there are only 3 or 4 that r complete dicks. just last nite i was wheelin on private property and someone called the cops on me. well, i came up over a hill and was on railroad property(which i didnt know) and i went to switch from 4 low to 2 hi and the shifter broke off. i got underneath the truck to see what was up and a cop showed up. it was my wrestling coach and a fellow wheeler. well another city cop, undercover detective and a sherriff showed up. they were all tryin to help my get it fixed so we could all get outta there. then they were messin around with me talkin bout gettin it towed so they can get my 3/4 axles and BBC. well, we couldnt get it in gear so we all pushed it back down on private property, they said goodbye and left. how is that for one hell of nice cops?? i love our cops around here and have nothing against em

NITRO

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Very true. Alot of people are "victims" these days. It seems to be the "in" thing. Why take resposibility for your own actions when you can blame society.

I know there are "bad" cops out there. I am not so shielded from the world that I do not realize that. There are also "bad" plumbers, accountants, mechanics, pilots, computer programmers, exterminators etc.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, all the whining you hear on this board about cops and the stops and such, the jerks admit what they did wrong and for some reason thought they were being singled out. We were all kids once and the lucky ones of us lived through it all some how. I must have a good gaurdian angel. I'm gonna be 51 in a week. And I still have a perfect driving record and I'm still alive. Amazing.

Rob you have to control your feelings because you put up with all the worst human stuff there is out there. You deal with human waste. And you do it well. Keep your chin up and keep showing us those pics of you getting to drive the Police Blazer and stuff. You oughta talk them into building it up a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Other Deputies and I have had citizen complaints for:

My turn signal only blinking four times while changing lanes.

A dirty car.(in the middle of winter)

Only having 3 hubcaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget:

<font color="green"> They take all the good jelly donuts at 711 and leave the yucky custard ones. I've called that complaint in many times. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font>