Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am so pissed I can't think.......i could really use some help on this!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Jan 20, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am so pissed I can\'t think.......i could really use some help on this!!!!

I bought a M1008 from this guy I was introduced to at a military show. A few days later I went to look at it. I couldn't believe it no rust at all, 23,000 miles and every thing I wanted was still there. Some parts where off the motor, the wiring was cut up a bit and parts of the front clip where gone. he said he would be happy with 800 for it gave him 400 that day and I was going to pay the rest when I could move it to my place. Then the town started being a pain because of the stuff here already, so he let me keep it in his place. I talked with him for a while, he is a good guy. Now, some sh!t happened between him and the other owner of the place. My friends went to go get the 14 and 60 to put in my k5. I get a call to go down there. The a$$hole sold parts off my truck!!! he also changed the gate lock. He wouldn't let us on the property. I have tried to get a hold of the other owner with no luck. My k5 it in the air in my friend shop with 10 bolts out waiting for the other ones. WTF !!#$%$# I have no idea what to do!!! At the very least I would like my 400 back. Anyone have an ideas?? Other then choking the heck out of that a$$hole!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Sorry for making it so long. I needed to get that off my chest. Any help on what to do with this crap would be great. one last thing anyone in Jersey have CUCV 60 and 14 bolt for sale?? Mike

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: I am so pissed I can\'t think.......i could really use some help on this!!!!

wasnt a large man with short black hair and a bad attitude was it? owns a buisness with the initials SCS?

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: I am so pissed I can\'t think.......i could really use some help on this!!!!

Got anything in writing?

Rene

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

ALWAYS get a Bill of Sale when you buy a vehicle!!!! Without that, it's your word against his, especially if you paid in cold, hard, untraceable, cash. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Even if you just make a down payment, get a receipt that shows how much you paid and what you paid it towards. Be certain that it includes the correct Vehicle ID number. If you have the proper documentation, then the law will be on your side. But without it, you're screwed unless the other guy gives in. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Any chance someone else was there that can back your story up?

It might be a long shot, but if someone was there, and money changed hands in exchange for goods, and the goods were not delivered, AFAIK, thats a verbal contract, and is binding. If someone was there with you when the money changed hands, or maybe even if someone was there and heard you TALK to him about getting "your" truck, you probably have something to go off of. Bank records showing $400 withdrawn around the day you gave him the money?

*Anything* evidence wise is better than nothing, but it's unfortunate we don't have any lawyers on here to comment! In most areas small claims court doesn't cost much (and I think here at least, you pay only if you lose) and should easily allow for claims over $400.

Thats the route I would take, if the guy is being an ass about it, you want to take him to court, and have enough "evidence", it might be enough just to threaten him with this, but you've gotta be able to follow through on it if he says piss off...everyone SAYS they will "sue", but few actually do.

I guarantee that a bill of sale would be 10 times better than dragging one of your friends in to court as your only "evidence", and maybe a bank statement showing a $400 withdrawal around that time that could be for anything, but common sense would hopefully allow the judge to see that you weren't making this up. Who would waste time coming up with that kind of story, JUST to screw this guy out of $400?

6. 84CUCV

After three weeks I got ahold of him just a little while ago. He moved since last time I taked with him. I am going to see him tonight so I will see what happens. thanks for the replys Damn this sucks.......Looks like the ten bolts are going back in...

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Good luck with it. Bring a friend so you have a witness and or backup.

8. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

If things dont work out I'm sure you can think of something to do to him or his business thats worth 400 bucks.

9. 84CUCV

Re: I am so pissed I can\'t think...... *UPDATE*

Why I am lucky and he is one hell of guy. I was going to meet up with him. I ended up going to his place. Go to the backyard and there it is. Just siting there waiting for me!! He had it towed to his place and he is helping me to get it to run this weekend. Some stuff was taken off the motor and the doors are now gone. I asked him what he did when he went there. The a$$hole was gone so he had the gates opened. Flatbed went in picked it up on its way. I got lucky to be dealing with a good guy!! For now on title and I am getting it in writing! MilspecJimmy, No, it was a big a$$hole German guy that thinks he is god. Thanks for the replies Mike

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: I am so pissed I can\'t think...... *UPDATE*

Good deal. Glad to hear it worked out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif