Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am so proud of my truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jul 29, 2001.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Today I went fourwheeling since I got the weekend off. All I have to say is that everyone's doubts about this truck are now long gone. I never imagained my truck would be this good.

I made it over 300' through what is called the 100 mile bog. It's quite deep due to years of 38, 39.5, and 44 ruts from my friends. My friends decided to play a little trick on me. Two weeks ago my friend's Suburban with 44s got stuck in this very same place about 150' or more back from where my truck finally stopped.

I asked, "Is this a throttle fest or what?" I was told yes, and, "When I yell that everyone's clear, gun it."

So, I did as I was told. I couldn't see what I was up against since there was a curve before you enter it.

Let me tell you guys, I dragged my rear pumpkin for about 100' or more. It was insane. I was absolutely brutal on the throttle, about 4500 RPM in 3rd gear 4 hi.

My truck did so well!! I didn't quite realize it until I walked out of my truck to take a look, I couldn't believe the marks from my diff. I was told my rear axle tubes dragged too.

I was 10' from the end when I stopped. Bets were taken that I wouldn't make it more than 60', but I didn't know that my friends were setting me up to be stuck.

My friend with the Suburban on 44s went all the way around on the trail to pull me out, which was a couple miles around. We hooked up a long chain to pull me out the last 10', but it came unhooked so I just hammered it again and made it through.

I am so proud of my truck--I wish I had a video.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man it's always fun to see what limits you can take it to isn't it???

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Man, I still just can't believe it. Next time I'm down there I'm taking pictures. That stuff was REALLY deep.

Tim

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds cool next time get pics[​IMG]lol

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ohh, yeah!

Gotta take some pics next time!

Twiztid

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pictures probably wouldn't have done any good. I would have needed a video.

I figured it out today, my tires were spinning 115 MPH to keep me moving.

Tim