Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Am So Sick!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by REDCRO_REDNECK, Aug 4, 2005.

1. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

alrighty yall, guess what.

I might buy another truck, 1977 chevy shortbed, 350,350,203, the guy says it runs great but the delema lies in here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a 79 gmc k20 sitting behind my barn! and a 1978 scout frame! 1987 shortbed that is nice and daily driver, 1989 geo spectrum for gas milage, crap loads of parts at my parents house that I need to move over here! I am 21 and have owned 13 vechiles if not more!

The 1945 runs but clutch messed up and I do not have the tools over at my house to fix it or space in the barn with concrete floor. The 1970 needs a radiator, coresupport and to be timed good, plus have a seat instaled, steering bolted up. The k20 I bought to fix up my 1987 chevy (3/4 conversion then lift and 35's).

I have too many projects!! and I crave this one that should be ready to run now.

help a sick person out :confused: :(

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ill help you, give me the 45 and i will fix the clutch for you. that things badass :D :D

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

here's an idea, GET TO WORK :D

Just work on one at a time, then you'll see progress and won't get discouraged that nothing is getting done :o

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I know exactly what you meen... I have 4 1960-61 chevys, 3 late 70's chevys, a RX7, and a Toy/K5 hybrid. Plus I have spent the last couple of months working on my girlfriends-mothers jeep :D

5. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

that 45 is bad dude... its on 3/4 or 1 ton axles? and the first pic is the 70 right? sweet exhaust, or should i say lack of... (mufflers)

6. REDCRO_REDNECK

1945's axles 10bolt 14 bolt sf 410s lockright rear, maybe I should save for a d60 to match the rear axle of the gmc

7. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

you should rockwell the 45 to have some competition for TRUCKS tv. :bow:

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if youre sick then im real sick,

keep all the parts and everything that you can, youll regret if not,

trust me,

ive been throug this a zillion times, over and over and over again,,

try and keep at least all the goodies, unless you REALLY know you dont want them or cant use them, EVER

lol.

good luck :P

9. REDCRO_REDNECK

with rockwells and some cane and rice tires screw stacey david and usa6x6,
    TTC here I come. (all the while using my 87 towrig and 16 foot trailer :haha: I will show them who is hardcore!)

10. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Small world ain't it. I was pm'ing you on the local board about the parts truck. LOL

11. REDCRO_REDNECK

it is a small world, nice old license plate too!

12. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Thanks car is on the trailer right now and getting ready to leave for Sikeston for some T&T. Its too hot but it's my last chance to go for a while. You are only 21 enjoy it and get some projects done now because trust me you ain't gonna have time the older you get. :( That s why I'm headed to the dragstrip on a 100* day. :doah:

13. REDCRO_REDNECK

I plan on it, but that is part of wanting to get a working rig, I will be a dad i march.

14. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Well congrats to you I have a new one on they way Thanksgiving. You have a solid 6 months with all of that sitting around you can build a decent rig if you bear down and get after it. Believe me I know I have 3 projects that never end my Burban my Jeep and my race car. I am trying to get some of this stuff to a stopping point before fall so I can enjoy them and my family.

15. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Build the 45 (IT'S AWESOME). Sell what's left over. My son is almost 1 month old. Barely have time for 1 vehicle when you got family.

16. uglytruck

uglytruck Registered Member

Cure

Congratulations on being a dad soon!! I here what yor saying guys my boys are 9 and 12 now :doah: can't believe it. I have learned that if you make sure you take care of your wife and kids and accompanying responsibilities first then you can balance a little bit of time and $$ towards your projects ;) .
    If it were me I wouldn't take on any more projects until you take care of the ones you've already got. :D

17. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i think a lot of us know how you feel. i have my 89 burb dd and an 89 crew dual that needs engine rebuilt. still runs but it isnt reliable. getting an 84 cucv. wanting; fiero, 4 door s-blazer, blazer (2wd conversion) or another shortbed (since brother is buying mine), all for projects. and I am sure I am leaving a couple out :D :waytogo: