Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am starting a support group...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Feb 12, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

for those of us that have fallen into the endless downward spiral of life that consumes every moment of our existence i am starting K5A. BLAZER ANONYMOUS. I know you are out there. You buy every 4 wheel drive magazine that comes out -- maybe even the same one twice! You spend most of your days on the internet or browsing catalogs for cool gadgets and extremely expensive parts for your blazer. You can't sleep because you are CONSTaNTLY thinking about your truck and what you want to do to it- or because you are paranoid that it could get stolen. Your relationship is in turmoil because of the lack of time spent with your significant other. Almost all of the money you make goes into your truck and your debts are increasing. I know you out there. Get help as soon as you can...!

I love my truck

baja surf nazi

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Hello everybody, My name is Riz, and I'm a K5-a-holic....

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hello riz and bigblue my name is shannon and i too am a k5 addict but i dont need help i have my addiction under controle i think well maybe not lol

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

4. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Sounds like most people on this site will be signing up. I would, but I'm still in denial of having a problem. But as soon as I come to terms, sign me up - Jay

5. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Dude, I thought I was the only freak out there. I feel much better now. You got me down to a 'T'. My girlfriend gets pissed every time I spend a weekend with my significant other (my truck). I only have .91 cents in my account due to my K5. I don't know what else to do. Oh, the way I fixed my magazine problem is by subcribing to the mags for at least 2 years. I don't know if that's an actual cure, but oh well. At least I know I'm not alone out there.

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

Hello, my name is Davis, i am a K5-a-holic
    it started out as a hobby, but quickly turned into my life.
    i Drive one every day, and i must say i like it and do not plan to stop any time soon.

<font color=red> Confederate's w/ K5's! </font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/confederatek5/>http://www.geocities.com/confederatek5/</A>
    K5: Because size DOES matter

7. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Hello my name is Butch and im a k5-a-holic. Im in severe withdraw. My wife performed an intervention of my addiction today. She showed me my citgo gas bill then took the keys to the k5. I know I have a problem but this seems extreme. Help I need to wheel.

[​IMG]IF EVERYTHING WORKS IT AINT A REAL TRUCK[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

and addiction,,,naw!!! i just spent $3500.00 and it still doesn't move,,, but i'm gonna spend more and solve all my problem's...now where did she say she was moving too??? [​IMG]
    honey??? HONEY!!!! honestly i DO NEED this part,,do you know what this part will do for me???? i know it's REAL expensive but i gotta have it too,,no a locker doesn't make it theft proof,,but it does help[​IMG]
    well yes i need the gear's too!!! no it does not go in the tranny!!!
    well i got the 32 spline locker so i HAVE to get new axles!! no they will not just "fit"!!!!
    yes i know it's loud,,,,what??? tell them to go to work then, and i won't have to wake them up!!!!!
    it's called a lift kit dear,,,,yes i know it'll be high............no i can't go that way,,,,it has an 8 ft. bridge there,,we gotta go around...NO WE CANNOT TAKE THE NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

I don't have a problem. I can't quit anytime i want!

baldbandit

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hi my name is Michael and I'm a K5-a-holic. It started out as my wifes K5 and I have somehow managed to turn it into a weekend warrior. I'm in a local support group that meets every other saturday morning to discuss my unruley behavior, acts of aggression, and the occassional physical damage I inflict on my K5. My wife says I'm going to the wrong support group. I asked her why she thinks so and she says because since I started going the K5 comes home with more dents,scratches, sometimes it even rolls into the driveway with 3 36"tires and a 33", and every now an then I bring it home with a nice layer of mud.
    I think she might be right, because the support group really doesnt talk about their problems they demonstrate them on hills, rocks, mud, and whatever else they can use as prop's and I dont want to be an outsider so I play my part in the group. I tell my wife its for the best.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

11. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hello my name is Dan and I'm a K5-a-holic. The only reason I am saying that is because my wife is making me. My wife says one of the kids needs braces. And I need a new set of Ring & Pinion. I say we either flip for it our arm wrestle for the money. There is no problem here..

Become one with nature...........Then marinate it..

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I couldn't get my truck thru the 7' door on my attached garage, so I built a 24X36 shop with 8'X16' front door and a 8'X10' back door so I could drive thru...had to have a drain so I could do fluid work...I have a TV, stereo, and Fridge just so I don't have to leave my truck just so I can eat or get a cold one...I can also sleep with my truck when the need arises...I used to have a problem, building this shop solved all that...JD

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

13. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

wow what a response. I need to share to everyone that i have SERIOUS PROBLEMS. I have been in denial for uh..i would say 2 years now CONSTANTLY making excuses for my behavior. Now it is time. Time to explain why I have these problems. Sunday I did went wheeling with my new lift and climbing a hill that was so steep the front tires were bouncing off the ground almost to the point of flipping completely backwards. I have a love affair with the rush i get from things like this and CANNOT STOP THIS MAD OBSESSION. Man I love my truck!!! I nEED HELP!!!

baja surf nazi

14. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

My girlfriend is laughfing her a$$ off. But It's not a problem, It's not!

Aluminum running boards, rock sliders, same thing.

15. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'm okay...I just NEED a winch...what do you mean..doesn't EVERYONE NEED a WINCH??

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

16. Boondock

Boondock Registered Member

Hello my name is Jon, and I'm a K5-a-holic. I remember when bigger tires was enough to satisfy my fix for the day, now my tolerance is so high I need a lift in the morning to wake up and an axle swap at night to fall asleep. I tried the patch and gum, neither worked for me. I even sold old gears to my little brother so that I could afford my next fix. I don't see the end in sight, I only see my addiction getting worse with age. I'm doomed too, it runs in the family on my old man's side, It's in my genes. It feels better to talk to others with similar problems. Thank you.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Second place is a body bag.

17. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

OH NO!!!!! So this is the road I'm headed down... I feel like I'm in detox and an hour from getting out when they throw another drunk in the tank LOL. Here I'm saying well just 6" and 35's... yeah... well gotta put in my system and new speakers... well maybe some paint... I can't afford this! I'm already a Drag race/Muscle car fanatic.... *twitch* *shudder* *flinch* GET THE STRAIGHTJACKET!!!!!!

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

18. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I am not addicted. I can click the "X" and close this window at any time. I am not addicted. I can turn the computer off and go to bed at a reasonable time without supervision. I am not addicted. I can put the magazines and catalogs down and have a conversation about non-automotive subjects. I am not addicted. I can drive on the streets and not pay any attention to the other K5's on the roads. I am not addicted.

Ummm, I think I might have a problem...

<font color=blue>Colorado K5: The safest... no, cheapest... no, socially acceptable... no, uhhh, oh hell it's just THE addiction!!<font color=black>

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

19. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

I was a K5-a-holic, but I quit. It is easy to quit. I quit several times each day.

20. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OK OK you found out!! Yes your right I am a K5Ahollic. No I will not quit or put it down! This is my life and I choose to be consumed day in and out with nothing else on my brain except for the K5Crack Pipe. Not pot, Not beer, Not tobacco, not anything can replace this habbit!! It's here to stay! Till death do us part! HaaaaaHooooooooo I'm an addic and love it!!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>