Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am still looking for a lightbar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Aug 9, 2000.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Hello everyone, I am still gona put that lightbar in my rig sometime. I am now trying to figure out what lightbar I want to put on it to mount 4 Hella 500s I am going to put up there. I want a black bar but all the bars people make are chrome. I did find a KC one for $115 that is black but it looks really cheap and I don't like the price tag very much, I have also found a Carr one and someone told me Carr makes KC's bars. I really like how the Steel Horse bar looks it looks really solid but it is stainless steel. I was wondering if anyone on here knows where I can get a black lightbar??? I would really appreciate any help. One option I was thinking about was do you think when I take my rig to get it painted could they could paint the stainless steel steel horse one? If so would it look very good and last? I am thinking about getting my rig painted at Maco I talked to someone and they said they have fair prices and an excellent warranty, anyone heard anything good or bad about them? One more question anyone that has or has seen any Hella 500 light do you think 4 of them will look good on a light bar or are they too big? Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

2. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

I didn't see any replies. Did you find a light bar? I was thinking about the same thing.

I had been wondering about a "Safari" looking type roof rack just over the cap, and having some kind of arrangement to mount the lights to the top/front of that. I haven't seen that, but thought it would look cool.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Come on people, I know SOMEONE either knows where I can get a black light bar or knows if it would look ok to get the paint shop to paint the stainless steel one. Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5