Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am "thatK30guy" again!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Apr 25, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I am \"thatK30guy\" again!!!

**UPDATE!!**

Dan came thru and did good on his word. He had sent a money order out on Monday via Fed Ex, overnight and unfortunately, no one was at home Tuesday. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So, Fed Ex came back today and my wife was here to accept the envelope. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Inside was a money order in the amount of $1800, as the deal was with Dan for the '89 V2500 Sub.

This matter is now resolved, done and finished. Life, as we all know it, goes back to normal now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif All is done and forgotten and I deeply appreciate Dan for taking care of this. I have not lost him as a friend nor do I plan to. We still chat together in messenger and will continue to do so.

Thanks Dan! I appreciated it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

To everybody else: lets drop this matter and get on with the normal b.s. on this site. No more threats of taking a baseball bat, etc. Just forget it and move on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Re: I am no longer \"thatK30guy\"....

That sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I hope the person comes through for you.......and soon!

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Damn Wes I am so sorry to hear that man.

I hope the guy your talking about comes thru on this, if you permanetly lose your rig I dont see this dude being too popular around here. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Sometimes it just dont pay to be a good guy and help someone out. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I hope this works out bud.

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

if i send you the 1800 would i get the title to the k30? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif you know its going to be hard being called thatgranprixguy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.giflet me know i am working on a drink now /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Damn...
    That just sucks.

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Nothing more humilating then to have your vehicle repo'd. Not only does it mess with your self esteem but it screws up your credit. My #1 rule of selling a vehicle is never allow someone to make payments, have seen them not pay up too many times even when its a good friend. #2 rule is cash talks, who ever comes up with a hold for me cash or the full amount first gets the rig. I would rather keep a friend and be honest with them about my feelings then loose one (not sure if this was a friend or just a fellow board member). I really hope it all works out for you in the end.

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

How much do you owe on the K30 that they repoed it?

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I feel sorry for the member that is screwing you. If I was you I would publish their name immediately so we could collectively kick his ass. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif If someone ripped me off for 18hun I'd be on his doorstep with a baseball bat.

Keep your chin up, brother!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, knee caps are in order.
    hope ya get yer truck back. also hope the member pays you more than 1800 needed to cover the tow costs they will charge ya.
    grant

10. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

This is a bad situation that just got worse. I've always wondered what its like to be on the receiving end of a thread like this... but NOW I understand that posts like this are doing nothing more than making the situation worse.

But I don't take well to threats, so here goes. I am the member (and friend) to Wes who agreed to purchase the Sub from Wes. Back some time ago in Jan-Feb, we had been talking about making this sale happen - we just didn't know how to get the Sub (with blown engine) from Kansas to Chicago. Along comes the perfect opportunity to get the truck back to Chicago, thanks to Laketex who happened to be in the Kansas area. He flat towed the Burb all the way home for me after knowing me for only a couple of weeks. Wes and I had worked out a deal where I was going to order a set of ORU diff covers for him as a deposit. Those were ordered very promptly, but UNFORTUNATELY they took about 2 months to get to him since ORU sux at delivering their products when they promise. We also agreed that I would pay him out once my home refinancing went thru with the mortgage company.

I had been promised by my broker that the entire process would only take a couple of weeks to complete, and I would have my money by the early part of March. This did not happen. I've waited for sometime now (obviously, its friggin April) for a large piece of this check to come to me. The title co was holding the amount of taxes paid on my property in the last two years. They needed original receipts directly from the county. I live in one of the largest and slowest counties in the US, Cook County. I've been on the phone with these people, and my mortgage co doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get this money. They just got the receipts back this last Tuesday, and OF COURSE sent the damn check out via USPS despite the fact they had told me it would be sent via next day Fedex.

Thats not even the sad part of this story. The real sad part is that I have been very forthcoming with Wes regarding my own personal information throughout this entire process. I really think that I have kept Wes in the loop, and let him know everytime I had an update. The whole deal really broke down when Wes broke me the news that he desperately needed the cash to keep his truck from being repo'd. I found this out YESTERDAY, 4/24. I tried to do everything I could. I found a friend who was willing to allow me to use his credit card to Western Union Wes his money. It was going to cost me $125 to make it happen, and I told Wes that I would take care of that charge since I didn't get the money to him as early as I originally thought possible. My friend and I tried over the web, but there is a $1000 limit for new customers within their first 30 days of using the service, so that failed. I went to a WU Agent Location today, and then learned that the couldn't even take the damn CC as payment, they only do that online and over the phone - so THAT failed. We thought of making a money order off the CC, but that gets charged 20% of $1800, PLUS a $54 service fee, PLUS the cost of Fedexing the money order. Total cost? Nearly $450. I couldn't justify that expense. I am not made of money, and Wes didn't seem interested in helping cover that cost.

My last, and final choice is to wait for the check to arrive via USPS, have a money order made, and nextday - early AM Fedex the check to Wes. But he knows all this already. I really don't know where this thread came from... I've tried everything I could in the short time he gave me. I have owed him the money since I brought the Burb home, but I never once knew it was so urgent. I would have put his payment before my mortgage (I SWEAR IT,) had I known this was going to happen to him. I've had a car repo'd. I know it sux, makes you feel like sh!t, and I know what it does for your credit.

Wes, I am horribly sorry for what happened to you today. I wish I could have done something else to prevent it. I also wish you had let me know further in advance what your situation was so I could have planned better. But its too late now, and the damage is done. I WILL HAVE THIS RESOLVED WITHIN THE TEN DAY PERIOD AS I PROMISED YOU THIS MORNING. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR TRUCK DUE TO MY MISTAKE.

So now that this whole situation is public knowledge, I hope no one thinks less of Wes or I for venting out here. And I hope the admins don't delete this thread. Its a valuable lesson to all those folks that normally would hop in and call the "intended party" of this thread a shmuch for ditching out on a fellow CK5er. As you have read, that is not the case. So there you have it. I hope that we can get this resolved in a fashion that will serve you well Wes.

-Dan

11. KRAZIE87K5

Thats what I am talking about. I didn't "rip him off" at all. We were communicating the entire time. I didn't know what the situation was, and he didn't indicate that he needed the money to save himself from a repo. I wish I had more time to react, but its already happened now.

12. KRAZIE87K5

Grant-

Please read the post I put up. I never intended to cause problems like this for Wes. He and I were good buds before this mess. I think thats why it got to this point. Wes didn't want to bring in his problems to leverage the cash out of me.

I hope that Wes and I can talk again today. This whole deal blows. I am responsible for not getting the money to him, but I didn't have much choice. I will make good on the situation.

Sux... probably lost myself a good buddy too. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Dan

13. KRAZIE87K5

The real thing that gets me is, Wes KNOWS that he need not announce my name. Anyone that knows me well enough that I would care what they think of me would know EXACTLY who he was pointing out in this thread. Maybe I deserved a cheap shot, but there is no need to threaten me. As he already knows, I will make good on this.

[ QUOTE ]
    The member who got the truck from me is to remain anonymous for the remainder of the 10 day grace period. His/her name will be announced if no payment in full is recieved by next Friday, May 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]
    **** the anonymous thing. Here I am. I am not proud for helping you into this situation, but I am no coward. I will not sit back and just hide in the shadows. Sorry Wes.

-Dan

14. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Nuff said. Sounds like you are going to make good on a bad situation. But you gotta know it was a big kick in the balls to see your favorite rig go, and might cause some one to be little peaved and make a post they would normally not make.

Major points for standing up and taking the wrap.

15. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Man I sure hope the two of you guys work this out. This is something that is hard to over come between friends and hope there is no hard feeling after the issue is resolved.. Wes that had to be hard for you to post this.

16. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Dan, 1st off that was a stand up thing to do to post your the guy. BUT it wasnt really ness. to do. Wes want gonna say anything, (yet atleast) he was tweaked at the time and blowing off steam.

Still a stand up thing, stuff happens, its not like you were intentionally screwing him it seems and stayed in contact. Its not like you scooped the Burb and disappeared from the board. Hopefully it all works out in time for both of you.

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i hope this works out for everyone /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Dan,

Kudo's for making all the facts public, as unfortunate as those facts may be. As you already pointed out Wes probably didn't convey the urgency of his situation for a number of reasons...and ultimately paid the price.

I hope this gets resolved amicably and quickly for all concerned. Good luck to you both!

Rene

19. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The part that is a damn shame, and this is a general statement, is some of the most sour deals I have been part of have been with buddies. Seems like $hit NEVER works out; someone is supposed to get paid, tax check, loan, whatever, and things fall through and go bad. I hope you guys can work this thing out. Nothing worse than ruining a friendship over some bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

20. KRAZIE87K5

[ QUOTE ]
    Nothing worse than ruining a friendship over some bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If that isn't the truth, I don't know what is. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Dan