Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I... am the MAN! More soon!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by knudel, Nov 30, 2002.

1. knudel

knudel Registered Member

Okay so I'm new here. I tend to post alot less than I read. Then when I do, well, it's probably useless.
    Background: Have an 82 K5 with a 6.2, 4" lift, 33's. Wrecked it, knocked out the power at Starz with it. Needs the frame straightened, a front clip, and a bit more. Been looking for possibly a whole blazer/truck/burb to use for parts.
    Story: Wednesday I was driving around looking for a beat up something to use for parts. Saw a decent looking K5 in a lot, stopped in. It was an 84 with a 6.2, loaded, great body, etc. Pretty much wanted 3k for it. Sitting at the back of the lot was an 89 Suburban 3/4 ton. It's smoking a ton the guy says, I could probably get it for 1000. Looking, it's got a brand new superlift, really clean engine, only bad spots are one barn door and that it's not got any options. I tell him I'll think on it and come back Friday, as Thurday was THanksgiving.
    This morning I went back with a friend, drove it, runs fine, 4wd works great, warn hubs, and overall pretty good for a grand. Get to talking, and the K5 they have, they tried to move right after I left and reverse went out on the 700R4 in it. To make a long story a tad shorter (as you've probably not read this far) I talk him into the suburban and the K5 for 1000 each!!
    When I popped the hood on the blazer, aside from the same 6.2, what else do I find, but... it's been turbo'd!! So now I'm gonna yank the trans, lift, wheels and tires, etc out of my old k5, and have it to start over on. So I ask you: who is your daddy?!?!
    96 MX-6 V6 with a Ford logo
    82 K5 6.2
    82 K5 6.2 Turbo
    89 3/4 Ton Suburban
    The last 3.. FREE! I got my first K-5 for 500, insurance gave me 4000 for it, 2500 after deductable and me keeping it, and the newer K5 and burb for 2000!!

okay, way too excited. I'll try to get some pics up, just... too thrilled not to go off for a bit!!

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Nice score
    Got pics of the turbo...

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i would say you got a good score, you could butcher the wrecked one into a crawler, use the burb to tow with, and still have one for light duty wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Looks like someone is after your title Jeff... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

(AP) Knudel makes serious bid for the Fred Sanford title at CK5...story on page A4

Bawahahahaha!!!

Seriously knudel...good score!!

Rene

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Now, aren't ya glad ya kept looking? Good score! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. knudel

knudel Registered Member

Thanks guys!! I'm thrilled I listened to ya'll and waited! I forgot to mention on this post: the burb that was smoking like a beotch, well the only time they'd started it in the past month was to move it, and being a diesel... all it needed was to be driven! Within 30 miles of being run constantly it'd stopped smoking!! Now it's doing it just a tad, I put some marvel mystery oil in the tank, but barely noticeable!! I'll go get some pics of the turbo right now for you, I have to go to a family thing this afternoon, so I'll try to get them and pics of my new toys up tonight!!

The idea about a serious rock crawler... that was bad. very, very bad. Damn you. *evil grin* muuhahahahah!! I think... that's the right idea!! Oh you just cost me alot of money, I was thinking or parting it out. Now we'll have to see.

Off to go put tires on the burb, it's got bald 31's on it, and i think really low gears. It's a TH400 I think (just glanced) and doing 60 is a chore, but in a really good way.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you are one lucky beotch!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

No...

I'm the man!

-Aaron

9. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You suck! Just kidding, congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Some guys just have all the luck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Give me a shout if ya need a hand, Burbs are my specialty /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.