Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I am thinking of buying a 1994 blazer with a few problems help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by deshet, Dec 2, 2002.

1. deshet

deshet Newbie

it is a 1994 fullsize blazer with 203,000 miles
    it has a brake problem
    if it is the brake Pressure Modulation Valve it will cost me $1000 for the part.
    if it is the master cylinder the part will be a $100
    I am trying to figure out how to tell the difference between which is bad.

The truck stops but you have to give it a lot of room to stop.

How long can I expect the motor to last?
    What should the compression be at?

It has a new transmission and transfer case.

the interior is very dirty and it has a dent is the front fender.

I also need a front grille and a new tire.
    The truck is only selling for $2500
    please help

thanks,

deshet1980@yahoo.com

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

if the only problem is brake related thats not bad, i have no idea wha ta brake pressure modulation valve is, but that is too expensive to be true...a MC is about $35, whoever gave you those prices is an idiot, hard to say whats wrong with it

3. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

i have a 94 fullsize....this things a gem. i picked it up two years ago with 52,000 on it and owned buy a guy born in the late 1930's. this truck looked, drove, smelled like a brand new vehicle. it now has 80,000 and i havent had any major problems at all. had to replace the seal in the transfer case, but thats it so far. as far as the motor....your up there in miles, but if it was taken care of you can get another 100k if your lucky. but on the other hand parts are readily available and you could replace any piece on that truck including the motor/interior. i love mine to death, its big, powerfull, tows like a dream, and its one of the most comfortable long drive vehicles i have ever been in. this truck wont be going anywhere for another ten years as its not my everyday driver. wish i could post pick. mines black silverado with grey interior. i have the flares around wheel wells, i noticed some blazers that have a flat panel with chrome trim in well. the flares make it look beefeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. we like beefeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

4. aaronstorms

aaronstorms Registered Member

That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me - I just bought a 93 Blazer and did a ton of research online and the worst possible scenario I could find was $2000 for one that needed major mechanical and body repairs on Edmunds. Most were going for $3000-6000 depending on the vehicle mileage and options. Aaron

5. Yukoneer

Yukoneer Registered Member

maybe all the brakes need are new rotors, pads and a bleeding of the system...

2500 for that! wow thats a good deal even though w/brake probs and a lil fender dent (gives character /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)