Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I asm an official member of "my 700r4 ATE IT" club

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Feb 1, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I asm an official member of \"my 700r4 ATE IT\" club

Well, talk about irony...I was on my way down to AAMCO transmissions to see about some coolers and such and while on College Ave. in Fort Collins, I was coming to a stop and heard a fast clicking then when I hit the go pedal, NOTHING...I cycled through the range of gears and the tranny didn't do squat...when i tried to put it in park, it sounded like I novice learing how to drive stick on a 1972 MACK truck... So I had somebody help my push it off to the side...and I was able to PUSH IT IN PARK...talk about something screwy... A friend of mine will be installing it for me so...but what do all you tranny guru's think about this one...?

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Re: I asm an official member of \"my 700r4 ATE IT\" club

This is why I am putting in an SM465 next week. Good luck if you stick with a 700

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the torque converter ate it. First time mine went out it was the 3-4 band but I still had 1st and 2nd gear. A week after the rebuild (with a new converter) it went out again ... no go in any gear- it was the T.C.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

No gear can be from lack of fluid normally caused by the front seal blowing out. The 700r4 in the Jimmy lost 3-4, so I replaced it. The original tranny in the burb went from overheating, overworking it and the front seal went out. The tranny I put that replaced it was a GM certed tranny and it was rebuilt crappy, so I took it back to GM and they put a new tranny in it for free and even washed my truck :) I would say go with the GM tranny so that way if you have any problems you take it to them. You just have to have a certified mechanic put it in.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am a two time member of that club. If you don't already have a tranny, make sure you get a GOOD reputable tranny shop rebuild it with ALL the updates, a shift kit , and of course a tranny cooler. I had mine done about 30K ago, with updates, shift kit, and cooler. She is still running strong so far. She has held all the power I could give it. If you can install the tranny yourself do it. It actually cost more for the install then the rebuild. I you need a hand let me know. I got nothing to do this weekend.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. GMtrucklover

GMtrucklover Registered Member

I have been in this club alot. My burb is on its 3rd first one lost 3and 4th and the second the planetary blew up. On the blazer its on the second the first one the pump seal went took me 4 qts to go 15 miles.

74 gmc work truck
    87 k5 blazer hardcore wheeler
    90 suburban family hauler/snowmobile
    96 gmc k1500 daily driver/tow vehicle