Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I bought a Ford

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler, Jan 5, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Well I found my new toy for offroading. I was looking for a good deal on a K5, but couldnt find anything. I ran into a 83 Ford Ranger that I bought. It is sitting on a shortened 3/4 ton frame. It has a 460 in it with a tunnel ram and dual webber carbs, C6 tranny, and a 205 transfer case. Dana 60 in the rear, and dana 44 up front. It has coils up front and crossover steering. It is sitting on 35" SSRs. Oh and the best part was $1,500.
    And its bright yellow, and has a tilt front end.

Dan

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

now why'd ya go and do that.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Just part it out.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Thats to bad...

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

see how quick you can swap a blazer body on it so you aren't a trader! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

good lord..i get kinda sick of the dumb ford jokes around here..SO WHAT...yea i would take a chevy over a ford..but my god its not like fords are that bad either!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif sounds liek a awesome rig!!

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i agree. like i said before, "Its not the emblem on the hood but whos turning the wrench"

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Thanks for not beating me up to bad guys. I have yet to see a chevy truck has a big block, big tranny, NP205, and 3/4 ton axles for 1,500. The best part is it has a short wheelbase (whatever a stock ranger or s-10 is), about 2 feet narower than a K5 so it will fit places. All it needs now is FI.

Dan

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

exactly!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

Hey, good deal on the Ranger. As far as Ford goes, I own two in addition to my K-5 & Suburban, I wouldn't get rid of any one of them! They all serve a purpose/need, mostly they all piss off the wife! LOL Besides, my '78 F-250 2wd can run 35" tires stock height on all four corners! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Doc

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Thats awsome! yeah i picked up my f-150 for $500 hjas some rust and dosnt run worth sh!t but with some work it give my friends chevys a hard time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Yeah i tend to believe that ford chevy or dodge will run well when taken care of well, myself and my dad are both chevy guys but we also take care of our stuff well so no matter what the emblem, in this familly it will last for ever. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    YAY my 271st post!

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Just meesin with ya I dont even like the new ford or chevys because of the problems some people and my family has with the quality of these trucks, and their maintained like crazy too.
    Our 99 suburban has had 2 t-cases 2 batteries 3 alternaters and 1 new starter and two of our friends have had similer problems.

Ford also has recalled alot of trucks because their gas tanks leak and crack around the sending unit, how do these things run if they can't design a gas tank right /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll stick with no emmissions and room for three bbc motors under the hood /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That 460 sounds fun though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

one last time /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif j/k

12. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I always say, you get what you pay for! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Mike

13. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Can't fuss to much as I'm running a HiPin Ford 60 up front and a 10.25 35 spline sterling rear under my 88 GMC.The rear was cheap,not so for front and the rear has more clearance than a shaved 14FF.Now I want a 203 doubler kit between the Gertrag 5spd and a Ford 205.Of course I keep them hid from most folks. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif