Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I bought another Chevelle.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MOABDADC22, Aug 20, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I just bought another Chevelle. I got a smoking deal on it. It is a 1972 Chevelle. I am going to clone it into an SS, just like the other (red) one. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. MOABDADC22

I guess I should tell you that the pics are below in the album titled 1972 Chevelle buildup. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Sweet! Although why put another fake SS into the world, there are more fake SS's than real ones. The only people you'll fool are the ones that don't have a clue anyway. Just build it for what it is, or make a nice sleeper out of it and blow away all those psydo SS's. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif IMO it's as bad a putting a "TypeR" on your econo Honda, nobody really falls for it.

4. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Sweet car though, didn't mean to knock it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'm partial to the 71s and 72s myself, mostly because everyone else goes for the 70s. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You can never have too many Chevelles. You might as well clone it. A non SS isnt worth very much. You know that they are making complete aftermarket SS dash housings? They are about $300. I am thinking of getting one to replace the old cracked one in my '71 SS.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My wife want's a Chevelle. I want to do a 71-72 she likes the 69.
    If I do one it will be a sudo cloan. SS hood but I would want to put a TPI LT1 with a 700R4 or 4L60-80 OD and about a 3.42-3.73 gear in it. Make a driver out of it. It will look nice sitting in the garage becide my 70 LeMans Sport convertible. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. MOABDADC22

mplogic, I know that you are not bashing my cars, but to compare a Type R Honda to a cloned SS is comparing apples to oranges(Well maybe not.)

When I "clone" an SS Chevelle................I do it 100%. Most people just slap on a few SS emblems and call it a "clone." Not me, I do the whole thing from the console/shifter to the dash/gauges (and about a hundred subtle differences between an SS and a non SS.

Anyhow....I just had to vent.

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

And that can be a tall order. we're talking rear yoke change, suspension conecting pieces, front swaybar, and a hundered other things like you said. I'm glad your going to do the whole thing. I cant count how many times I've had mine in the car show next to another SS with drum brakes. Aargh!