Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I bought It!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 724fishin, Oct 16, 2001.

1. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I went and looked at the truck yesterday. Turned out to be a 72 Jimmy in the baby poop color. I tried to keep in mind everyones advice on what to look for and to not be afraid of a little body work and welding. The truck's exterior looked pretty good a few small dents and one small rust hole down low right behind the passenger door. The interior is dirty and needs some cleaning up.

What sold me on the truck was the full size 6 point rollcage, the winch, new 32" tires, 2 soft tops, dual exhaust,HEI, and etc. All things I would end up buying eventually so I will just put my money towards some body work and interior work.

I will spend this winter working on the interior and start thinking about the suspension next summer. Any suggestions on where to get front seats and a bench seat? I also need to install shoulder harness belts on the front and rear seats. I want it to be safe for my children.

By the way I live in the Bay Area.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    Congrats Dude!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now you are gonna get the addiction for sure!!!!
    I'm out in Central Calif, Modesto area!
    Sounds like you will be a besy bee this winter!!
    Later
    Hey fill out your profile....

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

congratulations!!! you just became a member of the most addicting hobbie or is this a sickness :-) who care it's fun...

BTW: 2 questions; are you talking about the rear bench seat? you willing to part with one of those soft tops, id be interested in one??

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

4. 724fishin

Yes I am talking about the rear bench seat.

At this point I think I might be using both soft tops. One for winter and the other for summer. The summer top has grommet holes in the top that line up with brackets on the rollcage to allow the attachment of a rack on top. It wasn't on the truck so I haven't seen it yet. The buyer was kind enough to take payment in installments so I won't have the truck for about a month.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on dude. Congratulations.
    I'm from the bay area also. San Jose.

Good luck!
    Ryan

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Are you looking for stock or aftermarket seats?
    If you want aftermarket look in the current (Nov) 4wheel &amp; offroad. They have a assome article on Beard seats including a bench in the back of a Blazer. They look assome! The bench looks like a really wide lo-back bucket.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

7. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Congratulations on getting the truck - baby poop yellow - only Chevy could come up with that and then use it for years.

I've bought a new set of front seats - will be using the brackets, but will have a couple of very very very needy (of recovering that is) front seats for sale soon. I think they are from a '74 - they are low back foam is okay, upholstery is terrible.

If they are UPS-able I’ll make you a good deal - if they have to be trucked - I’ve never found a cost effective method.

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color

8. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Cool beans. What part of the Bay Area? I'm on the Peninsula at the base of the San Mateo/Hayward bridge.

I think that Bill O'Grady in Fremont (Vintage Chevy, 510-651-5874) might have the seats you're looking for.

9. 724fishin

Thanks for the welcome and the quick suggestions.

I live in Antioch

I am not interested in keeping the truck stock or building a show truck. I just want to build it to be reliable, capable off-road, decently comfortable inside, and fairly decent looking ( I I don't want to be afraid to bang it up a little). It will by my camping and fishing truck.

I am a good do it yourselfer but this is my first time with a vehicle. It will be a lot of learning as I go but it seems like this site is a good place for advice based on experience.

Once again thanks for the welcome.

10. newGenk5

newGenk5 Registered Member

Congrats...Antioch Huh, i graduated Antioch High a while back but i am chillin in sacramento now........Good luck with the winter work....

ha ha ha ha

keep on rollin
    <a target="_blank" href=http://64.172.156.16/k5>check it out</a>

11. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I just sold my back seat to another K5er! Does yours have the mounting hardware for the back seat? My old seat was just sitting in the back not mounted down. I spent 4 yrs trying to find the stuff that mounts under the bed to bolt the seat to. Let me know if you need pics or advice on that stuff. p.s. Congrats!

"High compression engines take longer to start!"

12. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

p.s.s. Can you fill in the rest of your profile?

"High compression engines take longer to start!"

13. 65Elco4x4

65Elco4x4 Registered Member

Hey 724fishin I live just down the road from you in Bay point. I havent posted on this site for a while. but I always check it out and see whats new.I dont have a blazer yet but am looking for one. I drive a 4x4 Elcamino, Maybe youve seen it around town. Anyway congrats on the purchase,I hope I find one soon.

1955 Elcamino on truck frame w/36in Swampers

14. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Hey... just didn't want to be left out tellin you congrats... I hope you have as much fun as I have with mine... I've got a 72 Chevy Blazer... its been following me around ever since I bought it in Alaska... it followed me to Georgia and then now Texas. If any of you are wondering why I have moved so much I am in the Army so that should explain it. I am originally from Sacramento, so just wanted to again welcome you to th family...

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

YEAH HUH!
    Congratulations on your new vehicle too man!
    Welcome to the family, er the addiction of K/5 Blazers.

Thats cool its already got a 6-point cage in it.
    You gotta love that Baby poop yellow color also.
    My '72 K/5 was that yellow color originally... maybe a little lighter.

16. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Congrats to you... I have a black rear bench seat for a 72. If you are interested let me know. The thing is I live in Eastern Colorado. Will be expensive to ship because it is heavy.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chevyracing>http://community.webshots.com/user/chevyracing</a>