Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I bought my 1st tractor last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_truxx, Apr 15, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well I finally did it. Bought myself a tractor. Figure it will come in handy when I need to haul trees out. What few trees there are on my property out to saw up for lumber for the garage. Also when I need to plow the driveway in the winter. Of course the driveway isn;t started yet. Another thing is helping my dad w/ haying this summer. He bought more land so more area to hay now. Plus it's cool having a good running 46ish Ford 9N tractor with a sherman transmission. It has hi/low range and then 3 gears for those not in the know. This little bundle of joy for only $1,300. Now I'm broke again waiting for more money (read; waiting for my trucks to sell) so I can buy me a burb to work on to make me a reliable family type truck and get good milage from. :waytogo: Tractor also will come in handy when moving dead vehicles around :D

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Plus, Tractors come in handy pulling out stuck vehicles. :grin:

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

also a good point. Although I will be semi unlikely to get stuck as I am selling my mud toy/big truck (the 75) and also my 84 as to pay for my burb project I am dying to get to work on. That leaves my 82 2wd crew dually... Yeah good point; tractor very handy :D :waytogo: :haha:

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

We used to have an 8N to bushhog some land we owned, sold the land and sold the tractor :( Looked like this one
    [​IMG]

5. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I will try to get some pics of her up asap. having issues such as now I have my camera cord but have no idea where the driver disk is and this comp is running win 98 and doesnt have a generic driver for it :mad: so I may try to let it sit online later at night for a few hours to d/l the 125mb driver from the hp site :mad: why it's so dang big i will never know.

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Those are good little tractors. The only thing I didn't like about them is the clutch pedal (bar) has to be pushed straight down, not at an angle like modern tractors are. Man, that little detail sure makes for a sore leg at the end of a long day.

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey, that looks just like my Grandpa's Old Ford. He used to farm his little plot of 100 or so acres in Indiana with it.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I had one too...

I miss the one I had--the only other "Ford" I've owned!--a model 600 tractor very similar to the 8n like in the picture!..mine had a bucket loader made out of pipes(a Wagner?)--it had no down pressure,but it was still very useful to have around,I bought it to landscape around the garage while building it--I sold it a few year after--a stupid move,I wish I still had it--cant beat a bucket loader for lifting cabs off frames,and loading heavy scrap in your truck..

Big Truxx,does yours have a bucket too???---I'd love to find another tractor like my old one or similar--but the very few around here for sale always bring 3500 bucks or more if they just run,and have a working bucket...since I have about 800 bucks to my name, dont see myself buying one anytime soon,unless its nearly a gift... :frown1:

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

nope no bucket. my dad bought a 35 horse diesel Taffe (same thing as a massey fergusen) a few years ago w/ a bucket. So I really don't need one yet... Would be nice when I get my place done to have something to lift cabs, but may get a fork lift.