Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I broke down **UPDATED**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Nov 28, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok the mechanic looked over my work said that everything looked ok except he had to adjust somethings and he threw on a new choke. So I put the carb on my truck and it runs good except I cant get it to idle down it wants to take off like a bat outta hell. What do I do? I did adjust the idle screw but it didnt seem to work much.

(ok so I lied about me not bugging grim and trusty anymore)

Ok I finally broke down and took that damn Qjet I have been having problems with to the mechanic I havent been able to drive my truck in a month and been stuck driving the F*rd shop truck. So grim and trusty should be free of me buggin them for awhile.

1985 GMC JIMMY<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by JimmyJuneau on 11/29/01 08:48 PM.</FONT></P>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: I broke down

LMAO...I hope this ends your Q-jet adventures for a while. I know how frustrating it can be.

Ever thought of changing your user name to Jimmy Q-jet?[​IMG] J/K!!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. JimmyJuneau

Ok the mechanic looked over my work said that everything looked ok except he had to adjust somethings and he threw on a new choke. So I put the carb on my truck and it runs good except I cant get it to idle down it wants to take off like a bat outta hell. What do I do? I did adjust the idle screw but it didnt seem to work much.

(ok so I lied about me not bugging grim and trusty anymore)

1985 GMC JIMMY

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Is the choke letting the primary throttle plate drop to curb idle? Check that the choke blade is fully open yet again. And you unscrewed the idle speed screw, not the idle mix screws, right?

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

5. JimmyJuneau

I twisted the screw on the outside of the carb on the drivers side it has a spring on it.

1985 GMC JIMMY

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you turned that out and can see with a flashlight (at this time of night lol) that its not contacting the throttle linkage, your choke isn't letting the throttle get to curb idle.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?